Pachama is a climate tech startup in a mission to restore nature to solve climate change. Pachama brings the latest technologies to the world of forest carbon markets in order to enable forest conservation and restoration to scale. Pachama’s core technology harnesses satellite imaging with artificial intelligence to measure carbon captured in forests. Through the Pachama marketplace, responsible companies and individuals can connect with carbon credits from projects that are protecting and restoring forests worldwide.
We are backed by some of the best climate investors around the world including Breakthrough Energy Ventures, Amazon Climate Fund, Lowercarbon Capital, Saltwater Ventures, among others.
Pachama is looking for our first Marketing Leader to help us tell our story, drive traffic to our products and delight our customers with the long term vision of building a globally admired brand.
We're looking for someone with a passion for nature and the planet, deeply motivated by our mission, with a brilliance in storytelling, deep empathy for customers experiences and a sharp data-driven approach to results tracking. We're looking for someone who has already worked as a meaningful contributor on building an admired brand from 0 to 1.
We're a small team and this is our first marketing hire so we expect you to oversee the full spectrum of marketing, from brand marketing all the way to performance marketing. We don't expect you to be an expert on all the verticals but at least on one and that you have the ability to consider the full spectrum and lead contributors on the different fronts. Therefore your ability to hire, lead, manage and communicate clearly are essential. We are looking for someone unafraid of diving into both high level strategy and the small executional details.
We have a unique opportunity to help define a category, build a globally admired brand and most importantly help solve the biggest challenge of civilization while having a positive impact for communities and biodiversity.
Pachama is a fully remote team so this job is remote, but we prefer candidates to be within 4 hours of the Pacific time zone.
- Help define our marketing strategy and roadmap for the next 12 months
- Discovery key insights about our market and customers
- Plan and execute marketing initiatives and campaigns
- Hire, manage and lead team members, contractors and agencies
- Collaborate closely with Product, Sales and Operations to ensure alignment
- Report on key results and key metrics
Our ideal candidate will have many of the following:
- At least 5 years of experience on highly relevant roles
- Passion for our mission
- Expertise in integrated marketing and communications
- Demonstrated ability to execute and deliver results in a scrappy environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Enthusiasm and a positive attitude
The best way to grab our attention is to show us something awesome that you built/shipped in the past.