The Product Management Role is an important position vital to the success of the overall corporate strategy at ChAI. The focus includes interfacing with the sales and technical teams to prioritize and schedule new feature developments under a broader product vision to generally developing a more systematic product management approach, as well as establishing and improving leading indicators of product/market fit.
We are looking for someone with 2+ years of experience in product management in a software business (ideally SaaS), at an early stage of that organisation’s growth. This could include someone who is looking to enter a product role with prior experience in operations or strategy. An individual with a keen interest in user experience (UX) is desirable, ideally coupled with a passion for the challenge of accelerating product/market fit in a rapidly growing AI start-up. This position will report directly to the CEO (who currently leads the product vision).
Objectives of the Role
- Achieve product-market fit, and eventually scale, through implementing a data-driven approach to product management.
- Improve efficiency and predictability of the product development process.
- Build credibility for ChAI and its products, for both internal and external stakeholders.
- Build and execute a systematic product management process that includes concept design, delivery and positioning
- Interface with sales and technical teams to prioritise and specify new features with a view to delivering value to our clients
- Get to know our customers and uncover their needs
- Be primary point of contact for any product related queries (internally or externally)
- Build out product roadmap with expected timings
- Shape outcome-focused product goals that push forward the company's objectives
- Work with the commercial team on pricing products, bringing them to market and identifying new markets
- Support the CEO in developing the product vision, but more importantly, in converting this vision into a roadmap to create a must-have product
- Assist with setting and testing hypotheses, doing customer research, writing user stories, managing sprints and backlog grooming
- Assist with UX / product design development
Required Skills and Qualifications
- 2+ years of Product Management experience OR high achievers from other disciplines that have commercial or start-up experience.
- Experience in working in an early stage software business, ideally just as product / market fit was being established.
- Strong written & verbal communication and analytical skills
- (Desirable) Experience of JIRA or other task management system
- (Desirable) Any experience / interest in commodities or AI
Benefits of the Role
- Rare opportunity to be an early member of a fast-moving, mission-driven startup and see how a business is built from the ground up
- Support to grow into much more senior roles as the company matures
- Share options in the company
- Be part of a young enthusiastic team
- Regular work social events