High school students spend over 4,000 hours being lectured at, despite overwhelming evidence that students learn best through project-based learning. Polygence is an online marketplace for intellectual passion projects that was built with a singular focus on helping students rediscover the joy of learning through personalized projects supervised by academic mentors.
Polygence’s rapid growth has been driven by a top-notch team of entrepreneurs, engineers, researchers and educators united by an uncompromising mission to reshape education around the globe by making it project-focused. At Polygence, the ultimate surge of adrenaline comes from hearing our students rave about their learning experience and describe its life-changing impact.
Polygence has raised $4.2M from leading investors that include Reach Capital, Floodgate, Alibaba Entrepreneurs Fund and NLVC, and counts seasoned Silicon Valley edtech executives among its advisors.
We are looking for a mission-driven Head of Product to help us scale up the platform while maintaining the exceptional quality of the Polygence learning experience. We are looking for a seasoned Head of Product with relevant previous experience at a high-growth software-focused startup. We are hiring remotely in the US.
- Define an ambitious roadmap for scaling up our online learning platform by translating customer needs and long-term strategic goals into a coherent product vision and clear specifications.
- Talk to our students, parents, mentors and educators to get a deep understanding of their needs, concerns and pain points and deliver product upgrades to delight them and improve learning outcomes.
- Build on the deep expertise you gained as a product manager in your previous roles to define streamlined processes around planning, execution and launch of new products with the help of the growing engineering, design and operations teams.
- Take ownership of the product by doing whatever it takes to ship upgrades and new features. Lead the way by rolling up your sleeve and getting things done.
- You care deeply about education and understand that the stakes are incredibly high when parents and educators entrust their children to us to improve learning outcomes.
- You are a natural listener who has the patience and skills to open up users and unearth ‘black swan’ experiences that might otherwise go undetected.
- You synthesize seemingly disparate and contradictory viewpoints with ease into a coherent proposal for action.
- You have the requisite technical background to earn the trust and respect of software engineers. You have a clear understanding of what is technically challenging and what is easy when discussing features and requests.
- You are a thoughtful writer who understands that, for a remote team in different time zones, clearly written specifications make the difference between rapid progress and wasting countless engineering hours.
- You are hands-on and never shy away from a task that stands in the way of execution just because it is tedious or because someone else could conceivably do it.
- You relish efficient and beautiful design and understand how to integrate the design process into the product life cycle.
Nice to have:
- Previous experience at an edtech startup or an online marketplace.
Apply by via Lever: