We're looking for a Head of Government Affairs to help us educate global legislative and regulatory groups about NFT’s, blockchain, and digital payments, evangelize the benefits these decentralized technologies provide both within and outside the organization, and partner with like minded organizations to spread the word.
The ideal candidate knows the in’s and out’s of D.C., lives and breathes blockchain, and thrives in a fast-paced organization with multiple constituencies ranging from customer success to the board and executive team.
A little about us:
Dapper Labs is the NFT company behind CryptoKitties and the Flow blockchain as well as current titles like NBA Top Shot. Founded in 2018, Dapper Labs uses blockchain technology to bring new forms of digital engagement to fans around the world. Blockchain-enabled applications can bring fans closer with the brands they love, give people a real stake in the communities they contribute to, and create new ways for consumers to become creators themselves. Publicly-announced Dapper Labs partners include the NBA and NBPA, Warner Music Group, Ubisoft, and UFC. Notable investors in Dapper Labs include Andreessen Horowitz, Union Square Ventures, Venrock, Google Ventures, Samsung, and the founders of Dreamworks, Reddit, Coinbase, Zynga, and AngelList, among others.
Dapper team members are humble and curious entrepreneurs, builders, and tinkerers who share a passion to demystify blockchain technology and tap its potential to create change in the world. Our people are our greatest strength: our diverse crew flourishes in a distributed hierarchy where personal autonomy and professional growth are encouraged. We value our culture above else: regardless of where you came from, what you studied, or who you used to work for, your role here will necessitate both a high level of creativity and strategic thinking on complex issues. Everyone here is a founder, and no one fits in a box. We’re all driven by an insatiable thirst for learning and development, and that’s what brings us together.
What we’ll accomplish together:
- Create and direct Dapper’s strategy on policy, regulatory matters, and government affairs at the federal, state, and local levels across the U.S. and Canada, and will help navigate our international influence.
- Identify legislative and other policy trends, educate our executive team, and implement our strategy.
- Launch a grassroots community engagement strategy connecting Flow ecosystem developers, dApp creators, and passionate NFT collectors with their elected officials.
- Build a team based on internal and external experts to build and maintain key relationships with government officials, trade associations, technology leaders, and relevant regulators.
- Coach the leadership team (and participate as a member) identifying Kaizen (self-improving) approaches for each.
A little about you:
- You have built out government affairs functions at private, well funded, late-stage, fast growth companies, in software, blockchain, financial services, entertainment gaming, or similar types of industries.
- You thrive under pressure from multiple angles, laugh a lot, and enjoy working with passionate people.
- Have developed an extensive network of government, policy, and regulatory contacts.
- You have experience working directly with government officials, including advocating before Congress and/or the Executive Branch on behalf of businesses, public interest, or trade associations.
- You are capable of applying your skills yourself, with a team, and across a variety of use cases.
- We believe in processes and the power of planning, but you will often have to roll with the punches and prioritize the most impactful tasks on the fly.
More about Dapper Labs:
Dapper Labs is the world's first blockchain entertainment company. We are the creators of industry-leading experiences including CryptoKitties and NBA Top Shot, as well as Dapper Wallet, the simplest way to manage your assets and use the blockchain. We are also the original developers behind Flow, a new decentralized blockchain designed from the ground up for scalability and ease of use.
Our mission at Dapper Labs is to make the world a more open, empowering, and enjoyable place through consumer adoption of decentralized technologies. We have raised over $350M from leading VCs including Fred Wilson (USV) and Chris Dixon as well as Venrock, Samsung, Google Ventures, Coatue, NBA players, and global artists, among others. Dapper Labs partners include the NBA and NBPA, the NFL-PA, Ubisoft, Warner Music, Turner, Dr. Seuss, Genies, and the UFC, as well as 100+ others.