SwagUp is looking for an experienced and ambitious VP of Marketing to lead our Marketing / Growth department. As the VP for this side of the house, you’ll own the plan, budget, team, and strategy, specifically driving towards demand and customer acquisition targets. You will hire, train and expand the team, developing high-performance culture and talent. Plus, Swag is fun, so you’ll have an unlimited amount of creative ways to drive brand awareness and recognition. This is an extraordinary opportunity for someone to join a fast-growing startup with the opportunity to grow a team from scratch.
We have a small but dedicated team, and you need to be excited to build for scale. Your role will require leadership, creativity, and data analysis so you can create, test, and refine based on market feedback and data interpretation. This person would have the opportunity to drive revenue through marketing, create ABM campaigns and drive overall brand awareness of the company. You will own the marketing strategies and work alongside other key stakeholders to drive to 3-year growth plans.
- Own and execute the existing three-year Marketing plan + lead, hire and build out the team.
- Grab a seat at the leadership table and actively participate in the design and execution of the company's short-term, mid-term, and long-term objectives.
- Uplevel the execution strategy and talent in the department.
- Deploy and scale account-based marketing (AMB) and account-based experience (ABX) strategies to grow pipeline and revenue.
- Build and scale demand generation programs across multiple channels, in close coordination with the Sales team.
- Analyzes campaign, channel, and pipeline performance closely to continuously improve demand generation.
- Drive and manage the brand and communication strategy to ensure a consistent brand experience across markets and customer touchpoints. Own the story of the brand across all channels.
- Planning and deploying a solid and engaging customer marketing strategy in collaboration with the Sales and CX team to drive brand loyalty and grow upsell revenue opportunities.
- Partner with other key leadership stakeholders to set targets toward operating plan results - forecast, measure, analyze and report on the impact of demand creation activities on sales pipeline, revenue, and sales cycle length. More specifically, partner with Sales Leadership to ensure marketing priorities and programs are closely aligned with Sales initiative and co-create Sales and Marketing campaigns.
- Manage marketing budget and marketing-related KPIs across reputation, demand, customers, and brand.
- Develop and scale go-to-market activities creating new market categories, increasing brand awareness and driving market share.
- 7+ Years in performance marketing and media buying that align with company growth plans. Solid knowledge of SEO, web analytics and Google Adwords.
- Experience with CRM software and digital marketing tools and techniques.
- Strong Leadership and communication skills.
- Be curious and stay on top of marketing trends and algorithms.
- Strong analytical and project management skills.
- Proven track record of building marketing teams and scaling demand gen to $100m++
- Strategic mindset, with ability to make difficult decisions.
- Proven leadership experience carrying out marketing efforts, including planning, prioritizing, and implementing strategy.
- You are entrepreneurial and work well in a rapidly changing environment.
- Deep love for startups and the challenges that come with scale.
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
- Achieving operating plan performance metrics.
- Own the team so the current Executive team is no longer managing the department.
- Initiate, create and execute on ideas vs. passively waiting to be told what to do.
- Develop demand generation that drives increased revenue.
- Increased brand awareness.
- Developing team to execute strategies.
Salary Range: $175,000 - $225,000
SwagUp welcomes and celebrates talent from all backgrounds and perspectives. Our success is directly correlated to our people, and we believe our team should reflect the diversity of the companies we partner with. As an organization, we strive to foster an inclusive, diverse environment where we all work towards a common goal! #tothemoon