As Marketing Lead, you’ll own the majority of the marketing and program operations to elevate more women into leadership. We’ve grown quickly primarily via word of mouth. We’re at an inflection point - you’ll help shape the go-to-market strategy to drive impact at a larger scale. Pour ⛽️ on to the 🔥 so we can elevate more women into leadership. You’ll also nurture Ascend’s community and help shape the program experience to deliver a best-in-class experience.
This is you:
🔹 Want to build from scratch
🔹 Ready for a ton of ownership w/ a flexible schedule
🔹 Thrive in a fast-paced environment
Your efforts will have an outsized return. You’ll own the majority of the marketing strategy and program operations. You’ll love our incredible Ascend community.
We're growing quickly. You'll initially wear many hats in this role,
Your responsibilities will include:
- Drive marketing efforts. This includes identifying marketing channels (e.g. content marketing, email) and executing on the marketing strategy. This may include developing email campaigns, crafting marketing copy, launching webinars, building Ascend's brand, and exploring new lead gen channels. This will be your primary focus.
- Nurture and engage Ascend’s community via Slack and community-building activities.
- Manage day-to-day program logistics. This includes supporting live program sessions, keeping resources up to date, and managing member questions.
- Respond to customer support questions.
- Collaborate with the team to continue to deliver a transformative program experience.
This describes you:
- Ascend’s mission to elevate more women into leadership excites you.
- Experience with marketing. Experience with content marketing, building a social media presence, brand awareness, or email marketing is preferred.
- People person. You get energy from connecting and supporting awesome women.
- Hyper organized. You can manage multiple priorities while maintaining strict attention to details.
- Have a growth mindset and take responsibility for your successes and failures.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and want to build from scratch.
- Take initiative and ready for a ton of ownership on a small team.
- Love online learning. Bonus if you’ve participated in a cohort-based, engaging live course.
- Value and actively promote diversity.
Additional role information
This remote role is full-time with potential for increased responsibility including people management. We can create a flexible schedule that meets the program and your needs - timings vary between 7:30am - 6pm PT. You’ll report to Shivani Berry, CEO & Founder of Ascend. Contractor role with option to convert to an employee in 3 months or less. Competitive pay.
We’ve helped hundreds of participants from companies like Google, Slack, and Peloton gain confidence, 10x their performance, and move up in their careers. You’ll have the opportunity to shape the program experience to empower many women.