Hyper is a new early stage venture firm designed to help startups build, launch, and grow.
Hyper companies receive funding, distribution, access to talent, and participation in our 8-week founder program.
We’ve partnered with great investors and powerful platforms — including Andreessen Horowitz, AngelList, Product Hunt, Sequoia Capital, and the 20minVC, among others — to help Hyper companies break through the noise.
As Chief of Staff, you will work closely with Dustin Curtis and Shahed Khan to ensure Hyper founders are given access to the knowledge, people, and customers they need to build impactful, lasting companies.
The ideal candidate will thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, enjoy working on complex problems, and partner with cross-functional peers.
- While the role will report to Dustin, we’re looking for a self-starter who can handle projects from start to finish. In other words, you’re comfortable on your own. This means you're organized, systematic, agile, detail-oriented, hardworking, and focused.
- You're founder obsessed. You are genuinely interested in Hyper companies and the founder's lives, and you're excited about working cross-functionally within the Hyper investment and operations teams to deliver a delightful experience to founders through every step of their journey to success.
- You already have experience and good instincts when it comes to understanding markets, customer development, and distribution. You're keen to leverage this knowledge to help refine and execute strategies aimed at identifying the best new companies and trends.
- You love connecting with people, and connecting people with each other. You are a natural communicator and understand how to strategically expand Hyper's network to make sure that Hyper is top of mind.
- You have a deep love for all things new. You should be willing to learn fast. If you’ve built technology products before, that’s a plus. If you’re enthralled by how entrepreneurship is becoming a key role in the world we live in, that’s even better.
How We Work:
Every person adds to the culture of our team. We are:
- Genuine: No PR speak. No meaningless words. We know who we are, and we're concise.
- Ambitious and Gritty: We’re probably a bit more ambitious than we should be. We think this is a good thing. We're obsessive, relentless, and creative. Just like our portfolio companies.
- Collaborative and Inclusive: The best teams are tribes, and we do our best work together. We strive for transparency and effectiveness. We have no time for ego or politics. We appreciate different perspectives.
- Rigorous and Thoughtful: We approach everything methodically and systematically.
- Kind and Compassionate: We champion our founders, care about our industry and the people in it, and we share our knowledge as much as we can.
The Hyper team is based mostly in the United States, but we value diverse perspectives and believe in having a distributed culture inspired by cultures around the world.
Benefits & Perks:
- Paid Insurance - Medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Gym stipend - Your health is important to us, too.
- Tech stipend - We'll cover your tech set up—and give you a stipend for your home office.
- Fluid working options – We're flexible with face time; you can work wherever you’re most productive.
- Generous vacation time – Hard work deserves time off, so we encourage it.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your Linkedin (or other CV/resume) along with some of your recent work or any other information you think is relevant.