A Bit About Newfront
From the Mayflower to the moon landing, every venture relies on insurance. The $1 trillion insurance industry is fundamental to our economy and society, but remains stuck in the stone age. Incumbents rely on antiquated pen-and-paper process and there's a huge opportunity to transform it through technology. At Newfront, we're building software to supercharge insurance brokers and help them deliver a delightful experience to clients.
While we’re a technology-driven company, we believe that people and trusted relationships matter. Newfront believes in empowering people rather than "disrupting" them. Our singular mission is to create the future of work for this massive industry.
We believe breakout growth creates breakout opportunities and diversity drives innovation.
We are looking for a Chief of Staff with exceptional research and planning, writing, synthesis, and project leadership skills to partner with our CEO and exec team in driving strategic outcomes and critical business decision-making processes, executing successful company communications, leading complex special projects, and supporting the integration of our merger. This person will report directly to our CEO, Spike Lipkin, and gain incredible context around how to lead a rapidly scaling company.
This position is open to remote candidates with Pacific Time Zone preferred.
- Executive team program management - Run and set the agenda for leadership team meetings, including preparing and disseminating relevant materials, and tracking follow-ups.
- Communications - Develop and manage communications on behalf of the CEO (and other leadership team members as relevant), including internal company-wide emails, all-hands meetings, and presentations; external communications as required.
- Prioritization - Ensure that CEO time is well spent by serving as a proxy for the CEO in meetings as required, and preparing synthesized recommendations for the CEO. Ensure that attendees are well-prepared for CEO meetings to make the most effective use of time. Generally, connect the dots across the organization to help the CEO better prioritize his efforts and time.
- Board Prep - Lead quarterly board deck preparation alongside Finance and BizOps staff.
- Partner to CEO - Work closely with CEO, serving as a thought partner and sounding board in making impactful decisions. Lead high-priority, cross-functional special projects.
- Integration - Support key planning and activities related to our merger.
- Highly collaborative - Takes deep pride in shared outcomes, and capable of working with cross-functional stakeholders to effect change
- Organizational changemaker - Adept at driving the operational and communications efforts needed to help move hearts and minds from one state to the next
- Excellent communicator - Highly skilled in written and verbal communications; a specialist in synthesis and business storytelling.
- Analytical training/background- Able to surface insights from business metrics and leverage them to drive decision-making
- Experienced operator - 5+ years of work experience in management consulting, investment banking, investing, or equivalent business generalist roles with a proven track record of success. Previous experience in an operating role at a high-growth startup is strongly preferred
Newfront is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Newfront provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.