United Talent Agency, a leading talent, entertainment, and sports agency based in Beverly Hills, CA, is seeking an Associate for its Strategy and Corporate Development Group. The Associate will report to the Chief Strategy Officer and work closely with the Strategy and Corporate Development team and other executives and agents on significant corporate strategic growth initiatives and selected agency client deals.
What You Will Do
- Work as an integral member of the Strategy & Corporate Development team on M&A transactions, including analyzing, helping structure, and executing deals, as well as due diligence and definitive documentation processes
- Prepare financial models, valuation and other analysis, and presentations for UTA management, UTA board members, stakeholders, and clients
- Assist in corporate and business unit strategic planning efforts, across film, TV, talent, sports, music, gaming, podcasting, licensing, endorsements, ventures, marketing services, and other sectors
- Work closely with clients and UTA agents on selected advisory assignments, including capital raising and selling client companies
- Lead industry research and analysis efforts to develop strategic initiatives to expand UTA into new business verticals and geographic regions
- Collaborate with CFO and finance team on corporate finance initiatives, including private equity and credit agreements with banks/lenders
What You Will Need
- Minimum of 2+ years of relevant experience at leading investment bank, strategy consulting firm, and/or traditional or digital media & entertainment company in analytical strategy & corporate development role
- Excellent academic track record from top-tier university
- Strong analytic and strategic thinking skills, strong knowledge of finance, valuation, accounting, and financial modeling (Excel), and ability to effectively communicate and develop compelling presentations (PowerPoint)
- Passion and knowledge about the business side of traditional & emerging media & entertainment, music, sports, and consumer lifestyle sectors
- Team player, proactive, results-oriented, problem-solver, strategic thinker, highly organized, flexible, and strong analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Series 7 and 63 license(s) preferred
What You Will Get
- The unique and exciting opportunity to work at one of the leading global entertainment companies
- Access to the tools, leadership, and resources you will need to create and drive a center of excellence
- The opportunity to do the best work of your career
- Work in an inclusive and diverse company culture
- Competitive benefits and programs to support your well-being
UTA is one of the world's leading talent, entertainment, and sports companies. We help the world’s most inspiring people make the world a more inspiring place. Many of our colleagues spend their careers here. It’s one of the reasons UTA is considered among the entertainment industry’s best places to work.
At UTA, the belief in the client relationship is paramount and marked by respect, a sense of stewardship, and a commitment to an artist’s entire creative life. Our commitment to every employee is the same.
For more information: https://www.unitedtalent.com/about/
UTA and its Affiliated Companies are Equal Employment Opportunity employers and welcome all job seekers including individuals with disabilities and veterans with disabilities.