Founded in 2012, ByteDance's mission is to inspire creativity & enrich life. With a suite of more than a dozen products, including TikTok, Helo & Resso, as well as platforms specific to the Chinese market including Douyin, Toutiao & Xigua, ByteDance has made it easier and more fun for people to connect with, consume & create content.
About the Team
ByteDance's Strategy & Investments Team is a very high-profile team working closely with ByteDance's senior leadership team and interfacing with the overall Tech ecosystem incl. founders, investors & tech executives. ByteDance's Strategy & Investments Team is focused on developing ByteDance's long-term strategy and on identifying, assessing & executing investment & acquisition opportunities across ByteDance's different businesses including our content platforms (TikTok as well as Douyin, Toutiao & Xigua in China), eCommerce, B2B/SaaS, Gaming, Deep Tech & EdTech. ByteDance's Strategy & Investments Team continuously identifies, tracks & evaluates major market trends as well as internal & external opportunities.
- Perform in-depth strategic research & analysis on different segments of the tech market including digital media, eCommerce, B2B/SaaS, Gaming, Deep Tech & EdTech across Europe, the Middle East & Africa; focus on identifying fundamental drivers of change and formulate clear implications & recommendations for ByteDance.
- Track industry developments across the tech landscape in Europe, the Middle East & Africa on an ongoing basis and turn market & competitor insights into recommendations for ByteDance
- Source & evaluate new investment & acquisition opportunities by building a deep network of founders, investors & tech executives; lead the investment & acquisition process end-to-end including the negotiation of key deal terms and the presentation of investment memos to ByteDance's Investment Committee.
- Bachelor's Degree or above; MBA preferred
- Minimum of 5+ years of combined experience including:
- 3+ years of experience at a top strategy consulting firm (e.g., McKinsey, BCG, Bain), private equity fund, venture capital fund, hedge fund or investment bank
- 2+ years of experience at a top fast-growing tech company (e.g., in Corporate Development, Corporate Strategy, Product Management)
- Strong & rigorous analytical & problem solving skills; ability to research & dive deep to uncover the very fundamental drivers of a market change; knowledge of SQL is a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills & proven track record in working cross-functionally & in building trusted relationships with both internal & external parties
- Result-focused & output-driven with strong project management capabilities
- Excellent written & oral communication skills with the ability to clearly communicate compelling messages to internal & external stakeholders; foreign languages are a plus
- Strong understanding of the tech ecosystem in Europe, the Middle East & Africa across Consumer & Enterprise
- Strong curiosity, high work ethics, self-motivation, ability to learn quickly, comfort dealing with ambiguity, flexibility, willingness to step outside of her/his comfort zone, genuine interest in technology
ByteDance is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our products connect people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At ByteDance, our mission is to inspire creativity and enrich life. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We believe individuals shouldn't be disadvantaged because of their background or identity, but instead should be considered based on their strengths and experience.
Bytedance is committed to providing reasonable accommodations during our recruitment process. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please reach out to us at USRC@bytedance.com