Moxxie Ventures is a seed stage firm focused on backing exceptional founders who make life and work better. We are former operators from Google, Twitter, Yahoo and Kitty Hawk and have invested in over 100 early-stage companies including Airtable, Cameo, Carta, Coinbase, Clubhouse, MainStreet, Modern Fertility and Literati. Our first fund was $25M and has backed 30 companies including Certn, Clubhouse, Daily, Digital Brain, HiHo, Loom, Nearby and Scribe. We just closed our second fund of $85M and are excited to grow the team and make our first hire, an Investment Principal.
As an Investment Principal, we are looking for someone to help us source, evaluate and support new investment opportunities. While we invest broadly in software solutions that make life and work better, we believe that climate change is the biggest problem facing the planet, and the biggest opportunity as investors. We want to find companies addressing this massive problem head-on, and we expect that ALL of our investments will at least be climate positive in some way. We hope you share this mission, too.
While the two partners at Moxxie are based in Boulder, CO, this full-time role can be based anywhere, but we wouldn’t be sad if it were based in the Bay Area, Miami, Austin, DC or New York. Lastly, we believe that diversity in our experiences and backgrounds make us stronger. We strongly encourage candidates of any race, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age and any other status to apply.
- Proactively source, identify and evaluate potential early-stage investment opportunities.
- Lead due diligence, write investment memos, conduct market analysis and execute financial modeling to help us make the best investment decisions possible.
- Research key themes and emerging categories important to Moxxie (e.g. climate tech, health tech, fintech, etc).
- Support our portfolio companies to help them achieve product market fit and transform entire industries.
- Develop resources and programs to help support our portfolio as much as possible (e.g. recruiting, design, PR).
- Write quarterly updates to LPs and the investor community.
- Help us build the firm. We are an early fund (founded in 2019), and welcome ideas or best practices learned from your experience that we can adapt to make us the best seed stage VC firm in the world.
- 5-7 years of work experience at a world-class VC firm.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work across founders, strategic partners and LPs.
- Effective communication skills. Strong written and oral communication skills with an emphasis on thoughtful, clear communication.
- Strong organizational skills with excellent prioritization and task management skills. Curious and creative thinker.
- Ability to know the right questions to ask and develop unique ways to uncover information in opaque and emerging markets. Experience building financial models. This is not our expertise so we hope it’s yours!
- Team player with a collaborative attitude. We’re an early-stage firm and value a strong work ethic, humility and a can-do mindset. No job is too big or too small for any of us.
- BTW, we don’t care where you went to college or what your GPA was. We just care about what’s ahead.