Pinwheel - Building a fairer financial system by unlocking API access to payroll systems.
More than half of Americans have a poor credit score or no score at all. Since most financial institutions rely on traditional credit scoring to assess risk, that means these people can't access affordable financial products. Instead, they resort to high-interest credit cards, payday loans, and trigger overdraft fees to make ends meet — which ultimately push them into deeper cycles of debt.
Pinwheel provides an API platform that makes it easy to connect payroll accounts like ADP and Gusto to any app. By unlocking the wealth of identity, income and employment data that sits in these systems, alongside direct access to paychecks, we can help innovators build the next generation of financial products that increase access for the underserved while improving the businesses of our partner fintechs, banks, and lenders.
Who are we looking for?
We're looking for someone who will work directly with our CEO (and the rest of the Executive Team) to help drive Pinwheel through its next stage of growth. This critical role will help the Executive Team prioritize, communicate, and make efficient decisions on a wide range of strategic issues. Acting as a force multiplier for the CEO, the role will be a balance between strategy, project and process management, execution, and will essentially be responsible for enabling the CEO to be as effective as possible in whatever capacity makes sense.
The ideal applicant is a killer generalist who loves learning, is highly analytical and process-oriented, has strong management and presentation skills and demonstrates the following characteristics: results-driven, quick thinking, intellectually curious, high EQ, low ego, strength of conviction to hold others accountable. The CEO is looking for someone who wants to be a strategic partner for the long-haul. Accordingly, you will be given as much responsibility as you can handle and have incredible exposure to the leadership decisions of a fast-growing organization. You also need to excel at, and find joy in, creating order out of chaos, especially with constantly changing priorities. You should be able to create the systems needed to run the day-to-day more efficiently and should be able to create the space, over time, to focus on more strategic, special projects.
What will you be doing?
- Lead the "Office of the CEO"
- You'll be responsible for the day to day workflow of the office of the CEO.
- Be a thought partner to the CEO when figuring out company strategy and ensure the CEO is prioritizing the right things.
- Assist the CEO to strategically align time with key priorities, milestones, deadlines, and decisions to maximize execution.
- Use your storytelling skills to prepare presentations for internal (support on weekly All Hands meetings) and external audiences (key partnership discussions) thereby amplifying and improving the CEO's communication.
- Level Up the Executive Team
- Drive best practices, communication, and coordination between the CEO and other execs as well as other key leaders to enable effective collaboration across the organization.
- Provide decision support through research, analysis of information, and clear presentation of considerations.
- Successfully complete critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the team's ability to effectively execute on top priorities.
- Support on the creation/coordination of key presentations to/from the Executive Team and/or Board of Directors.
- Strategic Initiatives
- As a force multiplier of the CEO, you will provide thought leadership and help drive a variety of strategic projects across all functions and teams within the company.
- Own strategic initiatives that will help drive business growth and operational improvements. This also includes identifying and analyzing opportunistic corporate and business development opportunities.
What skills are necessary?
- 2-4 years of work experience, either at an investment bank/management consulting firm (e.g. McKinsey, Bain, BCG, etc.) or a fast growing startup.
- Get Things Done Mentality - You have a strong bias towards action and have a consistent track record of delivering results by doing whatever it takes.
- Intelligence and Dedication to Learning - You are whip smart, creative, and a quick learner. You seek out opportunities to constantly learn and improve.
- Strategic Thinker - You excel at applying data-driven critical thinking and frameworks to problems to find solutions and have excellent commercial judgment.
- Thrive in Ambiguity - You can comfortably dive into any area of the business or product and figure things out with minimal support.
- Rising Tide - You are a connector of information, processes, people and products, and your involvement in whatever project you take makes the company better. You are constantly thinking about ways to improve business outcomes, productivity, collaboration and engagement.
- Highly Organized - You operate your day-to-day in a very structured format, are a consistent note-taker, and are an excellent project manager. You are great at shepherding all internal and external stakeholders through the various phases of a deal (ideation, pitching, negotiating, structuring, closing, implementing). You are also constantly mining a list of prospects, aggressively framing a negotiation, and setting up internal prep meetings before calling external parties.
- Project Management - You are a skilled project manager with robust organizational and analytical skills.
- Strong Communicator - You are articulate and can communicate well both internally across different functions (engineers, PM, execs, lawyers, etc) as well as externally with stakeholders like customers and partners.
- High Integrity - You will be dealing with highly confidential information and can be trusted to handle sensitive matters accordingly.
Why join Pinwheel?
Best Time to Join - Our company is small but well-funded, meaning you get the upside of starting on the bottom floor with minimal risk.
Be a Cultural Founder - You will have an active hand in molding the company culture and being a part of the entrepreneurial journey.
Build Something Revolutionary - Help build the consumer data infrastructure of the future.