First Round is a seed-stage venture capital firm on a mission to build and serve the world's strongest community of entrepreneurs. Uber, Roblox, Square
, and Notion are some of the companies we’ve been fortunate to partner with — and we’re just getting started. We're looking for a General Manager who is excited to take Angel Track to new heights, a program designed for emerging angel investors.
The backstory: when we launched the first-ever Angel Track cohort nearly four years ago, we had a lofty goal to fuse together the magic of community, knowledge sharing, and the opportunity to build the strongest network of angel investors out there. Since then, we’ve welcomed over 240 incredible members across eight cohorts into a vibrant, diverse community that’s now backed high-growth startups including Figma, Notion, Cameo, Clubhouse, Airbase, Tonal, Linear, Scale, Calm, Fast, Descript, and dozens of other headline-grabbing companies. The aim of Angel Track continues to be to create the best place in the world for angel investors to learn, grow and have more impact.
Your core role as the GM of Angel Track will include:
- Inventing the future. We’ve built Angel Track over the last 3+ years, but we’re just getting started. The core of the role is to invent and execute the future of Angel Track.
- Running the core program. You’ll be responsible for running the core and alumni program. That’s everything from talent selection to core programming. We currently run AT 3 times per year.
- Building community. Angel Track focuses on both education and community. You’ll bring the community together during and after the program ends.
You could be a great GM of Angel Track at First Round if:
- You are an entrepreneur at heart. This role is all about inventing the future of Angel Track. You can find a solution to problems and then execute it end to end.
- You are product-oriented. You don’t need to be a PM, but you can solve problems with a product lens and help us nail the different ‘jobs to be done' for emerging angel investors.
- You have startup experience. You’ve worked at a fast-growing startup or have worked in service of startups.
- You are excited about angel investing. You don’t necessarily need to be an angel investor, but you should be excited about the concept of backing the next wave of entrepreneurs.
- You enjoy building communities. You’re passionate about supporting startups and bringing this community together.
- We serve entrepreneurs. We owe them our unvarnished opinion and unwavering support.
- We honor quality. The little things matter. High standards and attention to the craft are valued here.
- We favor action and think long-term. We decide and execute with urgency today. We define success with the long-term in mind.
- We cherish diversity and inclusion. The strongest communities around the world are diverse and inclusive. We work hard to make sure ours is, too.
- We do things our own way. We choose to be original and find unique, creative solutions to our biggest problems.
- We have fun. We take our work seriously, but not ourselves.
First Round is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workspace. We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply because we believe that our diverse team helps us build and serve the strongest community of entrepreneurs.