Plastiq is seeking a motivated and detail-oriented Analyst, Strategy & Financial Operations.
As a member of the multidisciplinary Financial Operations Team, you will focus on payments and finance while making a direct contribution to Plastiq’s day-to-day operational success. Plastiq moves millions of dollars hourly, requiring a sophisticated set of solutions to manage and monitor that money movement.
As Analyst, Strategy & Financial Operations
, you will leverage data to make key decisions, manage fund flows, and monitor irregularities in the payment pipeline. You will assist the business with critical decision making as you build analytical models to monitor dynamic cash inflow and outflow from Plastiq accounts.This is a remote position and employee must be located in a US timezone.
- Facilitate fund flows and time-sensitive money movement
- Manage relationships and own data-sharing protocols with banking partners and payment processors
- Triage escalations, and own researching and reporting on payment success/failure rates, as well as SLA success rates
- Work cross functionally with Product, Engineering and Ops Teams
- You’re a natural investigator and have experience problem solving
- Adept at prioritization; you manage a host of time-sensitive tasks
- You are rigorous with a keen eye for irregularities and patterns
- You have experience working with relational databases (e.q. SQL)
- You are execution-oriented and are at your best under multiple deadlines, thriving in a fast-paced environment where things change often
- You enjoy collaborating with others and you’re excited to learn and grow from your experiences and colleagues
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, or Engineering
- 0-2 years of data analytics or business operations experience, with interest in e-commerce, accounting, capital markets, financial risk management, credit instruments, credit risk, and/or loan servicing
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Comfort with ambiguous/unstructured environments and a thirst for problem solving
- Ability to build strong relationships and collaborate with both internal and external partners
- Knowledge of segmentation, statistical procedures, and financial analytic tools are a plus
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with Python is a plus
Plastiq is a smart payment platform designed for businesses to better manage their payments and cash flow. The platform lets companies maximize their existing credit, pay in whatever way is best for their business—regardless of what payment methods their recipients accept—and get paid by card without the burden of card acceptance fees. Businesses can pay globally in more than 40 countries, and Plastiq works with all major credit card providers, including Mastercard, Visa, American Express, and Discover. Plastiq has millions of customers and has processed billions in payments for a wide range of expenses, from business supplier payments and contractors to taxes and rent. Plastiq has won a number of awards and recognitions, including being named to the 2020 Forbes FinTech 50 and 2020 Bay Area Best Places to Work by the San Francisco Business Journal.