At Aurora, we’re on a mission to deliver the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. It all starts with the Aurora Driver, a platform created from industry-leading hardware and software and designed to adapt across a variety of vehicle types and industries.
We’re led by a team of self-driving luminaries, and we’ve forged strategic partnerships with leading transportation companies—including ride-hailing network Uber, truck-manufacturers PACCAR and Volvo Trucks, and the world’s largest automaker Toyota—setting us up to deliver the Aurora Driver in both trucks and passenger vehicles. We are funded by Amazon, Uber, T Rowe Price, and some of Silicon Valley’s best venture capital firms, including Sequoia, Greylock, and Index Ventures.
Aurora is in the best position to lead the self-driving space with a team of unparalleled depth and expertise, the technology to deliver, and the partnerships to build a transformative business for the long-term.
Aurora hires talented people with diverse backgrounds who are ready to help build a transportation ecosystem that will make our roads safer, get crucial goods where they need to go, and make mobility more efficient and accessible for all. We’re searching for a Product Strategy Associate.
This position will play a key role in developing Aurora’s product strategy, ensuring that Aurora delivers the right product at the right time. As an early member of the Product Strategy team, the role will have high impact and visibility. This is a ground-zero opportunity to help bring a fundamental shift in transportation and technology, to solve really hard problems, and to experience professional growth with the smartest minds in the industry.
In this role, you will
- Be a trusted advisor to product management and business leadership
- Work with cross-functional teams of product managers, engineers, data scientists, and other product professionals to define Aurora’s product direction
- Develop market entry plans that align market opportunity with technical capability
- Extract insights from data to prioritize strategic business and technical decisions
- Plan and lead complex projects, prioritize tasks and map stakeholders appropriately
- Be measured by the insights you give, effectiveness of communication, and the initiative to drive ideas and put them into action
- Ability to break down complex problems in a structured manner, prioritize strategically, and communicate clearly
- Strong quantitative reasoning, excitement to dive into large datasets, and ability to visualize data
- An ownership mindset and strong work ethic
- Proficiency in Excel/Sheets and PowerPoint/Slides
- 1-3 years of work experience in a fast-growing tech company, consulting, or finance
- Demonstrated interest in mobility, transportation, or logistics
- Degree in Math, Economics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, or other quantitative fields
- Working familiarity with SQL, Python, or data analytics platforms (e.g., Periscope)
Working at Aurora
At Aurora, we bring together people with extraordinary talent and experience united by the strength of our values. We operate with integrity, set outrageous goals, and continue to build a culture where we win together—all without any jerks.
We also offer a competitive benefits package that supports the whole you, including
We have offices in Pittsburgh, Mountain View, San Francisco, Bozeman, Dallas and Seattle.
- Competitive salary, bonus and RSU package
- Premium choices for Medical, vision, and dental
- 401k benefits
- Life and disability benefits
- 18 weeks paid leave for new parents and caregivers
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Fertility benefits through Carrot
- Working from home support
- Professional growth and mentorship opportunities through the Aurora Academy
- Wellness Platforms (Spring Health, Headspace, Aaptiv, Quit Genius)
Individuals seeking employment at Aurora are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, parent or caregiver status, ancestry, political affiliation, veteran and/or military status, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal or state law.
Founded in 2017, Aurora was started by industry luminaries, and now we’re a team with a multitude of perspectives and experiences. Chris Urmson helped lead Carnegie Mellon’s efforts in Darpa’s Grand Challenges, then was a founding member of Google’s self-driving team. Sterling Anderson worked on the tech at MIT before leading Tesla’s Model X and Autopilot programs. Drew Bagnell, also a Carnegie Mellon alum, is a machine learning expert who helped build Uber’s autonomy effort. Regarded as the most experienced leadership team in the industry, these three bring decades of expertise, passion and focus to realizing our mission.