TLDR: Rapidly growing startup looking for someone well versed in the startup ecosystem with excellent communication skills and recruiting experience to find leaders of new programs. In doing so, we’ll empower the most ambitious people in the world to build the future. Details below! (this is a remote role)
About On Deck
On Deck is where ambitious people grow, together.
This is not a typical recruiting role.
Your job is to recruit Program Directors who lead Fellowships of 100+ people/quarter across Founders, Marketing, Fintech, No-Code, etc... You'll need to have or quickly acquire a baseline understanding of many fields and devise creative strategies for sourcing the best candidates within them.
This is an incredibly exciting role as you'll work with our Program Launch team to help identify and integrate the leaders of On Deck's future programs. There will be immense opportunities to learn and grow and take on responsibility from day 1.
The team is growing extremely fast, so you'll get an inside seat at a company in blitzscale mode and make a significant impact through your work.
The ideal candidate for this role is well versed in startup ecosystem, has excellent communication skills, and recruiting experience.
What you will do:
- Work with Go-to-Market team to define and craft new Program Director opportunities at On Deck.
- Execute our existing playbook for candidate sourcing and devise new creative sourcing strategies.
- Lead projects to improve the organic awareness and sourcing reach, such as making promotional videos and hosting events.
- Build many relationships on the On Deck team and within the broader community to help increase referrals.
- Review applicant submissions, interview high-potential candidates, advance the top candidates for interviews with senior members of the On Deck team, and communicate pipeline updates.
Who you are:
- Experience recruiting and sourcing candidates as a full-time recruiter, founder, or employee.
- The ability to efficiently find top talent — especially from untraditional backgrounds.
- Creativity and vision to frequently step back, devise new strategies, and implement findings at scale.
- Thrive in environments that are fast-paced, autonomous, often scrappy, and occasionally ambiguous.
- High output, execution, and hustle — get stuff done mindset and willingness to build things from 0-1.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, charisma, and enjoys building new relationships.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Why you might be excited about us:
- We’re tackling a big problem with even bigger potential. We plan to build the modern educational institution for the next 100 years. If you are looking for a once-in-a-lifetime chance to transform education, this is it.
- Participants in our existing Fellowships say great things about us.
- You’ll be able to work remotely and (mostly) set your own schedule. On Deck was a remote-first team even before COVID, so we know what makes for a great remote environment.
- You'll have a lot of flexibility in your role, and will be able to help define what our operations infrastructure looks like going forward.
- We're backed by a who’s who of the biggest names in the venture investing world, including Village Global, Keith Rabois, Balaji Srinivasan, Bloomberg Beta, and so many more. Read more about our fundraise and 50-year vision here.
This role comes with a competitive salary, stock options, unlimited PTO, and employee benefits including generous healthcare.
Our team works remotely, and we are excited about candidates globally. Please note that our team works on GMT-7 PST-friendly hours, so your location will affect your work hours, which may be difficult from Europe or Asia.
You would start as soon as possible.
If you were to join On Deck, we'd want you to love it. We also know that it can be hard to tell from the outside looking in whether that would be the case for you. So, we challenged ourselves to develop an honest set of reasons someone wouldn't want to join our company. We hope it helps you make an informed decision about whether On Deck is a place you'd love to work. In summary, On Deck may not be the place for you if:
• Another company's mission gets you way more fired up.
• You want a 9-5 job.
• You do your best work in highly-structured, steady-paced, and meticulously-planned environments.
• You like finding and poking holes more than you like filling them.
• You see differences as divisions.
You can read the details of why On Deck may not be the company for you on our Non-Values page.