Meryt is a blockchain agnostic protocol layer that empowers decentralised teams with the DeFi tooling they need to be more effective as organisations.
Meryt is being built to help DAOs better manage their treasuries and on chain investment decisions, as well as better incentivise builders in the DAO space. This problem was recently highlighted by Vitalik Buterin in the July eth.cc conference in Paris.
Meryt expect to launch it’s MVP and IDO Q1 2022 and is a VC backed initiative, built by the the team behind Pynk, a London based fintech.
About the Role
This role is an initial 6 month contract with the potential to extend thereafter.
As CTO, you’ll be responsible for leading all the technical aspects of Meryt. Your role will evolve over time moving from being a hands-on development role to being responsible for growing and leading decentralised engineering teams and all technical development.
Direct responsibilities are:
- Define and drive the technological vision for the company
- Shape, articulate, and execute the engineering strategy
- Make architecture decisions to ensure a strong, stable, and scalable product
- Rapidly develop and test first version prototypes and MVPs by collecting client feedback.
- Work with decentralised teams as well as ‘in-house’ developers to accelerate parts of the development process - through bounties, hackathons and other incentive schemes
- Constantly evaluate technological advancements and innovative solutions to drive continuous product improvement
- Understand and identify risks when integrating with potential partners’ infrastructure and APIs
- Manage and implement integrations with 3rd-party technology platforms
- Build a strong and attractive engineering culture while working with a flexible, agile, and iterative approach
- Recruit, lead, and retain a team of high-performing software developers
We want someone who’s excited by a challenge and the opportunity to build something huge. This energy and drive are of critical importance to all our team members.
You will need to demonstrate:
- Significant experience in software architecture and personally building digital products from early-stage through to scaling and maturity, including iOS / Android experience
- Experience building crypto, DeFi and/or DAO projects (Solidity is a must)
- Background in engineering leadership positions
- Deep understanding of Agile development methodologies and rapidly developing and testing prototypes
- Experience working with third-party integrations
- Good understanding of product management and ability to work closely across multiple functions and technical disciplines
Nice to haves:
- An entrepreneurial mindset that is pragmatic, flexible, and resourceful.
- Experience working in an early-stage successful tech start-up
- Competitive Salary and Token allocation TBD dependant on experience (vested release schedule)
- Flexible, remote working
- We support diversity and inclusion