Bloom is a full-service workplace design consultancy representing Versett
on their search for their first Business Development Director to join their team. As Talent Advisors, we will be the liaison between Versett and yourself during this recruitment process. We do not use fancy tech to search through resumes at Bloom; every resume is reviewed by a human to ensure that we attain a consistent and equitable interview process. You will directly join the team at Versett if you are selected as the successful candidate. We look forward to seeing your application!
Hi, I’m Jonathan
and I’m the VP, Services at Versett. Founded in 2011, Versett
is a product design and engineering studio in Calgary and Toronto. We specialize in designing and building digital products and we're looking for a Business Development Director to join us.
Versett is the ‘team behind the team’ of successful apps, software, and platforms around the world with clients like American Express, TD Bank, and Getty Images. Each month, millions of people use the platforms, apps, and tools we have built.
As the Business Development Director, you will be driving and leading our go-to-market strategy and sales growth. You will be identifying and building relationships with senior leaders of our prospective clients Your strategic mindset will be key in unlocking the future digital transformation projects our team works on in the near future. You understand technology, people, and culture and love getting into the details of how they relate to each other in new and novel combinations.
Our team is tight-knit and built on the philosophy of "learn better, faster". Versett was founded on a shared vision of a place where we can create meaningful work collaboratively while continuing to grow and learn as individuals.
- Leading and identifying the business development & growth strategy and execution in collaboration with the senior leadership team.
- Cultivating strong relationships with our prospective clients right from the first contact into when the engagement begins.
- Working closely with our Associate Partner in leading potential clients through the shared vision and product roadmap.
- Qualifying leads across our various marketing channels and identifying our opportunities.
- Identifying needed resources for supporting go-to-market execution.
- Collaborating with our Marketing team to continuously optimize our outbound prospecting strategy.
What You’ll Bring to the Table
- You have managed lead generation and funnel growth strategy to build strong, genuine business relationships with leaders in companies ranging from start-ups to Fortune 500.
- Your background has been working in professional services sales & delivery, ideally within digital transformation and/or software & product development.
- You are able to initiate and drive complex conversations with trust.
- Your verbal and written communication style is impactful and friendly, always articulating the key message.
- You enjoy creating and presenting strategies, tactics, and negotiations to senior executives.
- You have a deep understanding of client needs and customer behaviour.
- You have strong business acumen, understanding what levers can be pulled to drive meaningful growth in a business.
Bonus if you are...
- Tenacious. You are determined to succeed, and you’re motivated by the success of the community and your colleagues.
- Curious. You are always learning and seeking ways to make things better.
- Conscientious. You keep your promises, take your commitments to others seriously, and have strong integrity.
- Humble. You lead with humility and empathy, respecting, and learning from the perspectives of others.
The Interview Process
Deadline to Apply: Monday, July 12th by 5 PM (EST)
Step 1: Phone screen with Agnes
, Sr. People Ops Advisor, from Bloom
Step 4: Conduct References.
Step 5: Offer.
Following the advice of Canadian health authorities, to mitigate the risk of potential spread of COVID-19 and support social distancing, all recruiting activities including interviews and new hire on-boarding will be conducted virtually.
Perks at Versett
- Competitive salary and benefits (group benefits and Pledge Parental Leave partner).
- Friday socials and Show 'n Tells.
- Team events and retreats.
- Learning & development budget.
- The hardware/software setup you need.
- "Take the time you need" vacation policy.
- Diverse team and a commitment to inclusion.
Like Bloom, Versett is a proud equal opportunity workplace that is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We don’t care about where you went to college, your degree, your age, or what names you might have on your resume. Instead, we’re looking for motivated and compassionate people who can execute from the ground up.
Versett is committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment process and work environment. Should you require any accommodation, please inform us and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any accessibility-related assistance, requests for information in accessible alternative formats or to report any accessibility problems, please share in your application or email firstname.lastname@example.org.