🕔 Full-time position
💫 Awesome team and mission
Who we are:
- Sustain.Life is a high-energy software startup that specializes in B2B solutions for corporate and SMB sustainability efforts.
- We are building a team that will help our customers learn about climate change, create and execute reduction strategies, set meaningful goals, drive impact and achieve success, and ultimately share their progress with internal and external stakeholders.
- We are on a mission to create best-in-class software that changes the world.
We’re looking for a hardworking and talented Product Design Lead to join our team. This role will partner with our CEO and Product team to help create our design strategy and enable us to guide businesses to operate more sustainably. The role will report to the CEO.
We’re looking for a “T-Shaped” product designer and systems thinker that’s excited to also help develop the look and feel of our product and brand ecosystem. The ideal candidate has experience across user experience, user interface, and visual design and branding. The ideal candidate also has experience bringing new products to market and the ability to lead ongoing iterations and optimizations. In short: The ideal candidate has the ability to lead the design of a compelling product that drives businesses toward a more sustainable future.
As Product Design Lead, your core responsibilities will be:
- Work cross-functionally with Product, Engineering, Brand, Content, and Marketing to develop an intuitive, compelling product and feature set that helps novice business users approach complex sustainability topics
- Create, expand, and evangelize human-centered design strategy across the company, while prioritizing a customer-centric approach
- Define design guidelines and best practices to maintain consistency, clarity, and cohesion across the product
- Manage freelance designers, agencies, and collaborate with other contributors as needed
- Measure and track content quality and performance on a range of metrics to ensure customers find utility in the product and continue to use it on an ongoing basis
- Help drive our goal to be a global thought leader in the area of corporate and community sustainability
- Drive and utilize user research and feedback to continuously optimize the product and design style guide
- Create user flows that become the source of truth for trends, insights, and resources
- Collaborate with Brand, Content, and Marketing on content for channels and formats outside the app, including websites, advertising, emails, imagery, and marketing collateral
Who you are:
- Expert communicator—you present your work with clarity and confidence to a variety of audiences, including Engineering
- You have a bias for action in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous, environment
- You have an entrepreneurial attitude and are excited to take ownership
- An expert collaborator who is willing to help ensure the product ethos extends to all facets of the company
- You are able to demonstrate your ability to manage a design team and juggle multiple projects that meet deadlines and adapt to a dynamic, fast-paced work environment
- You have a proven track record of measuring your team’s output and effectiveness throughout the customer journey
- You have impeccable attention to detail
- Experience working in Sketch, Zeplin, and Figma and experience with Azure DevOps is a plus
Bonus experience we’d love to see:
- Startup experience. You’ve helped build new businesses from the ground up.
- A passion for sustainability. You care about climate change and want to be part of the solution.
- Salary and equity commensurate with experience
- Fully remote, distributed team of awesome people
- Paid, unlimited vacation policy
- Paid parental leave, and many fantastic parents on the team
Great—we'd love to talk to you! Please email us at email@example.com and include your résumé or LinkedIn profile and a brief cover letter (one page at most) that tells us more about you, and why you’re interested in this role. Please include a link to your portfolio.
If you don’t check every box, don’t let that stop you. We prioritize talent, passion, and drive over what looks good on paper. If you’re on the fence, we encourage you to hit the apply button and highlight what draws you to Sustain.Life.
Sustain.Life is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority/Women/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation/Age