TL;DR: We're looking for an operator with crypto expertise, strong vision and a passion for community-building to bring a new On Deck Crypto Fellowship to life. This is your opportunity to become the first Crypto Professor at the "Stanford of the Internet." Details below!
About On Deck
Now, we’re launching a Fellowship for crypto founders, investors, and employees to create the ultimate melting pot for crypto advancement and innovation.
On Deck Program Directors (“PDs”) incubate ~100 person, 8-10 week Fellowships as their leader. As a PD, you’ll have a high degree of autonomy while being able to leverage support across our internal talent, growth, ops, and education teams. On Deck will team you up with a Program Associate
for day-to-day operational Fellowship support.
An On Deck PD spearheads efforts across curriculum and program design, applications, Fellow experience, and program execution. You’ll be the lead for taking this new program from 0 to 1 and driving the end-to-end product. You'll also own an independent P&L and receive generous compensation as the community grows.
The ideal candidate for this role has strong crypto expertise, is equal parts visionary and executor, and has a passion for community.
What you will do:
- Lead the application process: creating screening criteria, interviewing candidates, choosing offers, and closing candidates.
- Manage all Fellowship programming — planning, hosting, and designing events across the cohort.
- Coordinate with the On Deck ecosystem at large and provide world-class programming and mentorship.
- Design and launch new experimental offerings based on Fellow feedback and your ideas.
- Sweat the small stuff — ensuring we give Fellows & speakers a highly professional experience with every last detail prepared.
- Design the conditions so that each cohort becomes a self-organizing community to support each person’s journey through technology and entrepreneurship.
- Build hundreds of new relationships and have a one-of-a-kind experience connecting the top talent worldwide.
- Our eyes and ears on-the-ground building strong relationships with each Fellow as their go-to point of content.
- Ultimately, ensure Fellows have a mind-blowing experience, unlike any other community they've ever been part of before.
Who you are:
- Customer-centric focus with experience building communities, leading teams, and a history of supporting others.
- Meticulously detail-oriented and organized — able to juggle many priorities while not dropping any balls.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, autonomous, often scrappy, and occasionally chaotic environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, charisma, and enjoys building new relationships.
- Strong verbal, written, and visual communication skills.
- High output, execution, and hustle — get stuff done mindset and willingness to build things from 0-1.
- Vision and creativity to take something from 1-x.
- Crypto expertise. Especially the ability to curate the best crypto management resources and opportunities for Fellows, such as speakers.
Why you might be excited about On Deck:
- We’re tackling a big problem with even bigger potential. We plan to build the modern educational institution for the next 100 years. If you are looking for a once-in-a-lifetime chance to transform education, this is it.
- Customers LOVE us. Nearly one in three of our all-time customers (~700 people) have added On Deck to their Twitter bios and/or Linkedin — choosing to align their core professional identity with their participation in an On Deck program. They describe On Deck using superlatives like "life-changing," "the best decision I ever made," "It's too good to be true, but it's true," and more.
- You’ll be able to work remotely and (mostly) set your own schedule. On Deck was a remote-first team even before COVID, so we know what makes for a great remote environment.
- You'll have a lot of flexibility in your role, and will be able to help define what our operations infrastructure looks like going forward.
- We're backed by a who’s who of the biggest names in the venture investing world, including Village Global, Keith Rabois, Balaji Srinivasan, Bloomberg Beta, and so many more. Read more about our fundraise and 50-year vision here.
This role comes with a competitive salary, stock options, unlimited PTO, and employee benefits, including generous healthcare.
Our team works remotely, and we are excited about candidates globally. Please note that our team works on GMT-7 PST-friendly hours, so your location will affect your work hours, which may be difficult from Europe or Asia.
You would start as soon as possible.
If you were to join On Deck, we'd want you to love it. We also know that it can be hard to tell from the outside looking in whether that would be the case for you. So, we challenged ourselves to develop an honest set of reasons someone wouldn't want to join our company. We hope it helps you make an informed decision about whether On Deck is a place you'd love to work. In summary, On Deck may not be the place for you if:
• Another company's mission gets you way more fired up.
• You want a 9-5 job.
• You do your best work in highly-structured, steady-paced, and meticulously-planned environments.
• You like finding and poking holes more than you like filling them.
• You see differences as divisions.
You can read the details of why On Deck may not be the company for you on our Non-Values page.