**Local candidates encouraged but can be 100% remote, nationwide*
You’ll have an opportunity to architect and build a greenfield app from scratch with a dynamic skunk-works team funded by an established organization. Our pace will be fast, challenges many, and the team supportive. Together we’ll ship high-quality code frequently, write/adopt the tools we need to make the fast pace comfortable, and push the envelope of what’s possible in the travel industry.
Technologies are limited only to what the team agrees best fits the business need. That tentatively includes microservices/serverless, React, GraphQL, AI/ML (Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning), Continuous Deployment, and whatever other approaches maximize maintainability, scalability, reliability, and user delight.
Responsibilities and Duties
- You will collaborate on (and lead/coach) the design and architecture of the system and on development.
- You will design, write, test, deploy, and run software in a microservices/serverless environment with a modern front-end.
- You will craft and improve the tools used in the above, including CI/CD code, testing frameworks, and monitoring tools.
- You have 5+ years of experience in developing scalable, event-driven web applications in a highly distributed environment.
- You have 3+ years of experience mixed experience in both Functional and Object-Oriented paradigms. Bonus for extensive functional experience.
- You have 2+ years of experience building and consuming secure/maintainable REST and GraphQL APIs, and integrating data from diverse 3rd party APIs.
- You have 2+ years of experience with DevOps, infrastructure as code, and building and tuning CI/CD pipelines in a cloud-native environment.
- You love quality. You love TDD and testing is something you like to talk about including Static, Unit, Integration, and E2E tests.
- Graph theory is in your comfort zone. Bonus if those graphs are asynchronous.
- You are ready to both teach and learn, every day.
- You live and breathe Agile practices and want to work as a team.