At Cleo, we make a real impact by doing work that matters: helping families be their best at home and at work.
Cleo is the leading family benefits platform that picks up where the healthcare system leaves off. We combine the expertise of our team of Guides and Specialists—parent and maternity coaches, doulas, lactation consultants, sleep experts, and more—with a powerful technology platform that helps every working parent succeed as they grow both their families and their careers.
Cleo is offered by over 100 leading employers, including global Fortune 500 leaders and industry innovators like Salesforce, PepsiCo, The Learning Care Group, and Pinterest. With $81M raised from top investors including NEA, Greylock, and Transformation Capital, we’re expanding our offerings and our team to meet the growing demand of employers, parents, and the healthcare sector. Now we're looking for experienced and passionate team members like you to join us.
Title: Compliance Program Manager
Would you like to find out what it’s like to work in-house at a fast-growing tech company? Come support our Legal and Compliance team at Cleo! We are looking to hire a new Compliance Program Manager to assist the company in maintaining compliance with all Federal, State, and local laws, rules, regulations and guidelines. As Program Manager, you will also help support Cleo’s data privacy and security compliance program as an individual contributor. Responsibilities include (i) documentation of privacy and security-related policies, procedures, and trainings, (ii) monitoring of data security compliance initiatives, and (iii) ensuring Cleo complies with state, federal, and international data privacy requirements. You will work closely with several teams to establish company-wide consistency with excellent organizational and analytical skills.
This role reports to the Head of Legal & Compliance.
- Identify and assess areas of significant business risk
- Manage and report on compliance breaches and exposures
- Develop, implement, and maintain internal audit policies and procedures in accordance with local and international best practices
- Review all new products, systems, or processes to ensure compliance
- Conduct ad hoc investigations into identified or reported risks
- Support various departments by collecting and coordinating internal compliance data with auditors and various departments
- Ensure complete, accurate, and timely audit information is reported to management
- Participate in risk assessment and mitigation
- Support compliance with state, federal, and international data privacy laws
- Review and complete security questionnaires and data sharing agreements
To be successful in this role you may have:
- 4 or more years experience in a Compliance role or equivalent
- Strong analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving skills
- Meticulous attention to detail with the ability to multitask
- An ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Experience managing cross-functional needs and being a driver of change
- Excellent documentation, communication, and IT skills
- Outstanding presentation and report-writing skills
- A keen interest in the ethical, legal, and regulatory requirements of a business
- An eagerness to work in an ever-changing, fast-paced startup environment – previous experience in startups is a bonus
- Background in and/or passion for working in health services related to women’s health, maternity, or childcare
We don’t believe in perfection – we believe in passion, interest, and will – so don’t let a lack of experience or skill in one area listed above deter you from applying.
Cleo is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.