At Modern Fertility, we’re helping women own their fertility and their future by making reproductive health information more accessible. We provide fertility essentials, including at-home tests and digital tools that help people with ovaries have more power over the decisions impacting their bodies and futures. Now as part of Ro, Modern Fertility is expanding to build the platform that will support women through every step of their health journeys.
At Modern Fertility, we believe that our diverse perspectives are our biggest strengths — and that embracing them will create real change in reproductive health. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to building an inclusive environment where you can be you.
About this role @ Modern Fertility
Design sits at the center of everything we do at Modern Fertility. As a Senior Brand Designer on our team, you’ll help shape the most trusted brand in women’s health, concept and design campaigns that bring our brand to life, and infuse design excellence into every Modern Fertility touchpoint.
You’ll be joining a team of design craftspeople who are passionate about making a difference in reproductive healthcare — we’re all about building authentic empathy for our users, never assuming their experiences, and boldly presenting the truth. All while caring for every single pixel.
We’re looking for someone who’s ready to build a brand and design campaigns that empower people with ovaries to make proactive, informed decisions about their health and future, and who believes design can play a key role in making neutral, clinically sound reproductive health info accessible to all.
What You'll Do:
- You’ll be focused on great design that moves the needle. You’ll define creative strategy for new products, campaigns, and branded touchpoints, shaping the communications and expressions that Modern Fertility presents to the world. You’ll translate your creative vision to integrated marketing and growth ecosystems, delivering design and art direction for social, ads, email, web, packaging, and print.
- You'll play a prominent role in creating a cohesive, stunning, and effective brand ecosystem, serving as a leader of design craft and evangelist of design excellence. You'll collaborate closely with Design, Marketing, Growth, and Content counterparts to design brand visuals that resonate.
- You’ll own conceptual workstreams, infusing the Modern Fertility growth ecosystem with fresh, brand-aligned creative. You’ll partner with a conceptual copywriter to introduce new ways to stretch our brand tone.
- You’ll contribute to the Modern Fertility Brand System, introducing new ways to color inside the lines, while continuously evolving our brand guide. You’ll push our brand’s boundaries to uplevel each visual expression and ensure every designed touchpoint feels cohesive, successful, and delightful.
- You’ll continuously prioritize diversity, inclusion, and representation in your work, bringing empathy and intention to each design choice you make.
What You Bring:
- You have excellent visual design craft, with stylistic breadth, attention to detail, and an obsession for pixels. You’ve designed game-changing work that showcases a strong foundation of type, space, form, color, and visual hierarchy. You have a killer portfolio.
- You have a demonstrated history of executing work that contributes to key business goals, and you’re an expert in creating high quality designs that exceed marketing goals. You value results (almost) as much as you value best-in-class design.
- You’ve played an integral role in launching effective, stunning campaigns. You naturally ideate multiple concepts and directions without losing sight of business and user goals, leading to expert execution built upon discerning insights.
- From early brainstorming through research and delivery of high-fidelity designs, you’re excited to dig in and design everything from email templates to massive creative campaigns.
- You have relevant experience at both agencies and in-house at early stage startups.
- You are skilled with Figma, Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign. You’re comfortable working in Zeplin and Asana.
- You’re an exceptional communicator. You have strong interpersonal instincts and the poise to navigate the fast-paced ambiguity of a startup. You provide thorough, strategic rationale to align stakeholders towards your vision, and you feel energized when collaborating closely with a team.
- You have great perseverance and an iron-clad work ethic. You roll up your sleeves to do whatever needs to be done.
- You thoughtfully consider your users in each design decision you make. You’re devoted to building empathy for their individual needs, consistently weave cultural considerations throughout your solutions, and always prioritize diversity, inclusion, and representation in your work.
- You’re passionate about women’s health. You want to make information more accessible to all people with ovaries, and you’re ready to pave the way.
- You are based in San Francisco or NYC (or open to relocation).
Just for fun:
- You’re always available to debate how many Heading Styles is too many Heading Styles.
- You feel comfortable getting the (admittedly vague) feedback that a design should feel a little more ~us~. You also feel comfortable pushing back to get the type of specific feedback you need to improve your solutions.
- The first application in your dock is Figma. The second is Slack.
Benefits + Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance + OneMedical membership
- Healthcare and Dependent Care FSA
- 401(k) with company match
- Unlimited PTO
- Wellbeing + Learning & Growth reimbursements
- Paid parental leave + Fertility benefits
- Pet insurance
- Student loan refinancing
- Virtual resources for mindfulness, counseling, fitness, and physical therapy
Modern Fertility is an affiliate of the healthcare technology company Ro.
Ro’s mission is to build a patient-centric healthcare system. We are the only healthcare company in the country to seamlessly integrate nationwide telehealth, in-home care, diagnostics, and pharmacy services to provide high-quality, affordable healthcare — without the need for insurance. Our vertically-integrated primary care platform was built from the ground up to power a personalized, end-to-end healthcare experience for patients.
Since 2017, Ro has facilitated more than eight million digital healthcare visits in nearly every county in the United States, including 98% of primary care deserts. Ro has been named a Best Place to Work in 2021 by Fortune, Inc., and Forbes, as well as Fast Company's 2019 list of the World's Most Innovative Companies.
We welcome qualified candidates of all races, creeds, genders, and sexuality to apply.