We are a fast-growing, mission-driven fintech company that provides quality financial services for people whose needs go unmet by traditional institutions. It is an honor to wake up in the morning knowing that we have a profound impact on our customers’ lives, whether it’s our True Link Prepaid Visa Card saving a retiree from losing thousands of dollars to scams or our True Link investment advisory platform helping a young woman with a disability plan for her future while protecting her medical benefits.
The Portfolio Analyst is a key member of the portfolio management team and plays a critical role in supporting the portfolio management function. The primary responsibility of the Portfolio Analyst is to implement and maintain adherence to stated investment strategies by client.
The Portfolio Analyst will work closely and collaboratively with the Investment Associates within the organization to support day-to-day asset management responsibilities. This includes owning the responsibility for collecting, managing and analyzing data to facilitate portfolio management functions such as rebalancing, managing liquidity, and reporting on performance.
What You'll Do
- Manage the implementation and management of investment strategies for clients by investing excess cash, raising cash where necessary, rebalancing to adhere to target model, tax-loss harvesting and ensuring portfolios are within predetermined asset class thresholds
- Adhere to required SEC compliance rules and manage compliance related tasks such as documenting deviations from policy, and effectuating and monitoring trade reconciliation processes
- Inform updates to True Link’s investment strategy that will drive changes to the target model portfolios informed by thematic changes in the economic environment
- Assist with the maintenance of the security master, classifying assets into necessary categories within our portfolio management systems
- Responsible for maintaining a list of non-model assets and executing on periodic due diligence
- Be the primary reviewer of client performance and asset allocation reports, and research and resolve discrepancies as identified
- Responsible for implementing and adhering to tax budgets as necessary
- Responsible for ensuring cost basis information is complete with the custodian
- Assists with economic and capital market research on a quarterly basis
- Actively tax loss harvest where opportunities exist
- Assist with performance research on asset classes and securities
- Produce client-facing investment reports and presentations
Who You Are
- 3-5 years of investment portfolio management work experience, preferably at an asset management firm, investment management firm, wealth management firm/department or registered investment advisor
- Committed to growing in your career and eager to be a part of a fast-growing, mission-driven team
- Extremely detail oriented and organized
- Able to seek creative solutions and to understand how the smallest details fit into the “big picture”
- Understands how to scale a portfolio management function to be able to accommodate a rapidly growing client base
- Able to communicate effectively with a broad range of stakeholders
- Discreet in handling sensitive and confidential information
- Work well independently and as part of a team
- Advanced level proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Familiar with portfolio management systems such as Black Diamond
- Hold a bachelor’s degree, preferably in Finance; Preference for candidates that have or are pursuing a CFA, CFP or other related investment management certification
Why You'll Love Us
- We’ve got the energy and passion of a startup combined with the professionalism of a financial services firm and the compassion of a mission-driven organization that truly cares about the people we serve.
- We’re just getting started! With fifty million Americans in our addressable market, we are growing quickly into a large financial services company that will be developing new products you will help us shape and take to market.
- We offer competitive wages, Health, Dental & Vision coverage, and an awesome vacation package.
- Our customers are not only grateful for our services but are the absolute best. We have the privilege of providing financial protection for vulnerable members of society and partnering with expert service providers to do so. Our customers and partners love us, and we love them back. You can sleep soundly every night knowing you are doing a really wonderful thing by getting our services into more hands.
- We treat one another like we treat our customers: with 100% respect and dignity. Diversity and inclusion are cultural values we take very seriously, and we welcome team members of all backgrounds and identities.
- Our offices are dog friendly and filled with snacks, catered lunch, and a group of friendly, caring people. We’re happy to still be enjoying laughs with colleagues and appearances of furry friends over Zoom for now.
- With offices across the country, we welcome applicants who want to join our existing and future offices (in SF, Denver, Columbus, OH, NYC, and Kingston, NY) when it’s safe to work alongside each other again (and remote until then).
- Want to work remote longer-term? Great! We also have years of experience collaborating with our many team members who prefer to work from home, and welcome applicants from anywhere in the United States.
If you are a high-performing person who wants to join a diverse, inclusive team and use your skills to make a real impact in people’s lives, we invite you to apply to join our team.