At Stonks, we are democratizing access to startup funding via a paltform for demo days. Think YC Demo Day, but for everyone. With a scrappy team led by an experienced startup founder and funded by A16Z and top-tier investors, we are looking to combine early-stage investing with the magic of livestreaming. Think Twitch + Angel list + Shark Tank = 👶
This is a rare opportunity to join the founding team and be one of the first hires. Build a new codebase, rather than maintaining something that is years old. Incredible chance to have huge impact and help shape the culture and tech for the team that follows.
- Proven founders. 18 years, 3 venture-backed startups, $200m+ exits.
- Tendies. Competitive salary, benefits, and equity. Lead investor is a16z.
- Real impact. On the founding team. You will have the opportunity to guide product, strategy, technology, rather than being just a number and a desk.
- Own it. You want to take responsibility for building out large parts of the product and codebase yourself.
- Prod-Mkt-Fit. We haven't launched yet, and are already doing millions of dollars each month in invested capital into our startups.
- MEMES. You know what Yolo, 💎 🙌, "to the moooon" and 🦍 💪 means.
- Be a key individual contributor, 10X dev. No managers please.
- Help us build core parts of the application, such as chat, video, live interactions, events, onboarding, funding and payments.
- 3 to 6 years of Backend web development experience. Min 3 yrs with a reference is a hard requirement.
- Fluency with PHP, Laravel, or similar languages and stacks. Other similar languages are OK.
- High level of competency in scaling servers, databases, APIs. You've worked in production environments with millions of users before.
- Bonus: experience with live audio/video/chat streaming protocols.
Remote within US, Canada, Mexico or South America is OK. We work PST.
Think you can take on this challenge?
Tell us why you're awesome and want to work at Stonks 🚀