Whatnot (YC W20) is a livestream shopping platform and marketplace backed by Andreessen Horowitz and Y Combinator. We’re one of YC’s top companies
and one of the fastest growing marketplaces ever. We’re laser focused on creating an exceptional software company, team, and place to work.
Our mission: enable anyone to turn their passion into a business and bring people together through commerce. We’re building the future of ecommerce; an interactive community where creators can make a living off their passion.
Did we mention we’re high growth? We’ve 10x’d the company in 6 months! In January, Whatnot was 10 people. Today, our team is approaching 60 and will exceed 100 by year end. We’re hiring forward thinking problem solvers across all functional areas. We recruit thoughtfully, can move fast, and are scaling fully remotely.
📈 Opportunity Size
The ecommerce experience has been static for 20+ years and is perhaps the largest opportunity in the startup space today. Livestream shopping is a $170B GMV market in China and has grown 100% YoY. Retail is a $5T market opportunity!
In this role you will work directly with Whatnot’s co-founders and:
- Drive the product roadmap, product strategy and roadmap execution
- Define product requirements & work with engineering, design and broader team to bring our roadmap to market at lightning speed
- Clearly communicate roadmap, progress, and insights to key teams and stakeholders
- Do whatever it takes to ensure the engineering team is operating effectively, unblock them and make sure they can move at a rapid pace
- Take ownership of any major blocker to the company’s success
- Drive strategic initiatives across the company as needed
Curious about who thrives at Whatnot? We’ve found that low ego, a growth mindset, and leaning into action and high impact work does well here.
As our first Product Manager you should have 5+ years work and 3+ years product management experience plus:
- Startup experience
- You have been a top performer wherever you worked
- Comfort working exceptionally fast in an ambiguous work environment
- Strong product intuition and design sense
- Proven track record of using data, user feedback and intuition to drive sound product decisions
- Able to ruthlessly prioritize the most impactful work
- You know that product decisions don't end and begin with data and a/b tests
Bonus points if:
- You previously founded a startup
- Have experience working on a marketplace or two-sided platform
- Competitive base salary and stock options benchmarked to 90th percentile of the market
- Unlimited Vacation Policy and No Meeting Holidays
- Amazing Health Insurance options including a no premium plan, Dental and Vision Plans with less $1 monthly employee contribution, and no cost Life Insurance
- 13 Week Parental Leave
- $200 to spend within Whatnot App
- $3500 expense to buy your computer and at home work station
- $100 weekly expense for Lunch
- $75 monthly expense for Internet
- $75 monthly expense for Cell Phone plan