About Salary Finance
Salary Finance is a fintech company underpinned by a social purpose. Our mission is to make the lives of millions of working people less stressful, more productive, and much happier. We partner with leading employers to offer financial wellness benefits that help employees meet financial challenges and move from debt to savings.
In 2018, we expanded operations to the US with support from our UK headquarters. Today, our US team is located in Boston’s Seaport District under the leadership of SoFi co-founder Dan Macklin as CEO of Salary Finance Inc.
We’re growing fast in the US market with our recent $27 million Series D funding, backed by existing investor Legal & General, and new investor, Experian. In early 2020, we announced the acquisition of our largest competitor in the UK, Neyber, which brought in two additional strong financial backers, in Goldman Sachs and Police Mutual (employing the UK’s police force), a key partner and long-time investor in Neyber’s business. We were named as a 2020 honoree by Inc. Magazine for their Best Workplaces in the US, included in KPMG’s Global Fintech 100, listed top of the Forbes’ list of socially-responsible startups, recognized by Built in Boston and MassEcon for investing in innovative thinkers, and profiled by the Wall Street Journal, the Financial Times, and Harvard Business Review. Salary Finance is a Founding Member of Conscious Capitalism's Senior Leader Network, and a member of the American FinTech Council.
We’re looking for an exceptional Director of US Compliance. Reporting to the VP Legal, you will be responsible for setting strategies and overseeing operations in the company’s US Compliance function. Your role will be to set the department’s strategy in line with the overall goals of the organization and to effectively partner with various business units to provide guidance and ensure compliance with state and federal regulations applicable to the company’s new and existing products, initiatives, and consumer issues.
Who You Are:
We embrace our differences, but there's one thing that we like to share, our values, so it’s important to us that you are:
- FEARLESS, and able to make the impossible possible.
- RESPONSIBLE, and want to help build a business that delivers a meaningful difference to society.
- DEDICATED, and want to commit to an exciting journey even through the highs and lows.
- EMPATHETIC, and truly care about every colleague and customer.
- UNITED, because you understand we achieve more when we work as a team.
- HUMBLE, and take feedback as a way to continuously improve.
- You are passionate about businesses that deliver social impact and want to help build a business that delivers a meaningful difference to society.
- You have a real enthusiasm to work in a startup - you are a self-directed, fast learner, action and detail-oriented, roll up your sleeves and get-things-done sort of person who wants to work with a small team where everyone makes a difference.
- You have 10+ years of compliance experience in the financial services industry and have prior management experience.
- You have the ability to foster teamwork and build collaborative relationships across business units.
- You have the proven ability to promote a culture of corporate compliance by the use of best practices and a compliant work ethic in accordance with internal policies.
- You can efficiently and effectively research applicable rules and regulations.
- You have experience analyzing complex regulations and communicating relevant issues and risks to cross-functional stakeholders.
- You have sound judgment and strong decision-making skills you apply to resolve problems.
Awesome If You Have:
- A high degree of knowledge of consumer lending rules and regulations, including TILA, ECOA, FCRA, UDAAP, FDCPA, SCRA, MLA, GLBA, EFTA, TCPA, E-SIGN, BSA and other AML related regulations.
- Worked in a state licensed regulatory environment with experience preparing and submitting license applications, responding to regulatory inquiries and managing ongoing license compliance through regular examinations. Familiarity with the NMLS system is a plus.
- Experience working in a startup environment.
What You’ll Do:
- Stay up to date with all changes to relevant regulations affecting the company and develop strategies for ensuring organizational compliance.
- Work with the Legal and Product teams to ensure existing and future products are in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Advise management and key stakeholders on compliance procedures and risk management.
- Manage the implementation of the company’s state licensing strategy, including submission of new license applications and/or monitoring the status of pending applications and responding to follow up inquiries.
- Oversee the company’s internal compliance management program, including identifying actual or potential compliance vulnerabilities and suggesting and overseeing implementation of risk mitigation strategies.
- Coordinate with the Legal team (and relevant third parties including Salary Finance’s bank partner) to review marketing materials and the company’s website to ensure compliance with consumer finance and other applicable laws.
- Act as the company representative during examinations by state regulators or other external governing authorities.
- Manage compliance-related corporate diligence requests.
What’s In It For You?
- Competitive salary and bonus package
- A fast-growing environment with lots of opportunity for career development
- Health (85%), vision (75%), and dental premiums (75%) paid by Salary Finance for employees and their dependents
- Additional benefits including 401(k) with company match, disability insurance, paid Parental Leave, 20 personal days, and 5 sick days with an extra day off on your birthday
- Regular company socials
- Remote-first culture
We’re looking for people that want to make a difference. We have a great collaborative, entrepreneurial team that are passionate about what they do. If you want to join a team that is changing peoples’ lives for the better, then we’d love to hear from you. Learn more about us at salaryfinance.com.
Salary Finance is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment where all employees and applicants can flourish.