We're on a mission to remedy the financial complexity crippling healthcare in America.
Our aim is to organize and use all healthcare information to reduce the cost of care and improve the patient experience.
As the only Unified Automation™ company for healthcare, we use the same machine learning approaches that made driverless cars possible to provide health systems with a single solution for core operational management. AKASA's unique expert-in-the-loop approach, Unified Automation, combines modern machine learning with human judgment and subject matter expertise to provide resilient automation. AKASA brings together the best of people, data and technology to efficiently, accurately and autonomously navigate the complex state of medical reimbursement in the United States.
We are growing rapidly and we've built a cross-functional skill set deep into the DNA of the company. We have technology experts from top Silicon Valley technology companies (Google, Facebook, etc) and machine learning PhD programs (Stanford, etc). We also have senior leaders from the frontlines of healthcare with decades of experience leading teams at prominent healthcare institutions in the US. And we have a deep bench of talent from healthcare services firms like the Advisory Board, Optum and Triage Consulting.
If you love to execute, we'd love to hear from you. We take a very mindful approach to building a culture that is flexible, diverse and inclusive. We approach our work thoughtfully, learn quickly, improve constantly, and celebrate our wins. Everyone is welcome — as an inclusive workplace, our employees are comfortable bringing their authentic whole selves to work. Be you.
About the Role
We’re looking for a data-driven, hands-on Director of Business Intelligence and Analytics to manage company-wide business systems and processes to drive efficiency and automation, as well as enable our growth and business success. This position reports to the CEO, and we will empower you to build and manage a team.
AKASA is based in South San Francisco. As a company, we embraced remote work before COVID-19. We consider ourselves experts in working collaboratively wherever our team members happen to reside.
What You'll Do
● Serve as an analytical advisor to the CEO and department leads on the health of the business
● Develop and manage business reporting metrics and analysis tools for continuous improvement across multiple functions including Operations, Sales, Engineering, Marketing, and Customer Success
● Build and manage a team of analysts to scale our business intelligence and analytics
● Structure and execute operational and strategic initiatives by developing work plans, gathering and synthesizing relevant data, leading analyses, and developing final recommendations
● Evaluate and implement new company tools
● Develop best practices for how different teams can most effectively use all company tools (Asana, Google Drive, Slack, etc)
Skills & Qualifications
● Bachelor’s degree, ideally in a STEM field and/or equivalent experience
● Expert use of analytical tools: SQL, Tableau, etc.
● 5+ years experience in business intelligence or analytics
● 2+ years experience managing a team of analysts in a business intelligence or analytics function
● Experience and comfort with data, synthesizing insights, and driving action from insights
● Demonstrated experience in developing, managing, and meeting/exceeding KPI’s around business process and improvement
● Strong ability to build relationships at all levels along with excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
● Startup experience with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and distributed environment
What We Offer
● Work with an experienced and complementary founding team consisting of serial entrepreneurs, AI experts and healthcare industry leaders
● Meaningfully own or contribute to category-defining products that fundamentally change healthcare operations
● Great compensation package and equity grants
● Generous coverage for health, dental and vision insurance
● Full employer coverage for life insurance
● 401k Plan
● Free membership to One Medical (Concierge Clinic) for you and your family (if you are in a region covered by One Medical)
● Unlimited Personal Time Off (PTO)
● Bonus Company-Wide "Sanity Days" and other time off
● Flexible schedules. Employees at all levels have reasonable discretion over their own time.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.