We're on a mission to remedy the financial complexity crippling healthcare in America.
Our aim is to organize and use all healthcare information to reduce the cost of care and improve the patient experience.
As the only Unified Automation™ company for healthcare, we use the same machine learning approaches that made driverless cars possible to provide health systems with a single solution for core operational management. AKASA's unique expert-in-the-loop approach, Unified Automation, combines modern machine learning with human judgment and subject matter expertise to provide resilient automation. AKASA brings together the best of people, data and technology to efficiently, accurately and autonomously navigate the complex state of medical reimbursement in the United States.
We are growing rapidly and we've built a cross-functional skill set deep into the DNA of the company. We have technology experts from top Silicon Valley technology companies (Google, Facebook, etc) and machine learning PhD programs (Stanford, etc). We also have senior leaders from the frontlines of healthcare with decades of experience leading teams at prominent healthcare institutions in the US. And we have a deep bench of talent from healthcare services firms like the Advisory Board, Optum and Triage Consulting.
If you love to execute, we'd love to hear from you. We take a very mindful approach to building a culture that is flexible, diverse and inclusive. We approach our work thoughtfully, learn quickly, improve constantly, and celebrate our wins. Everyone is welcome — as an inclusive workplace, our employees are comfortable bringing their authentic whole selves to work. Be you.
About the Role
As a remote Lead Software Engineer, you'll report to our Director of Software Engineering to build the next generation platform for rapid integrations with our customers.
AKASA is based in South San Francisco. As a company, we embraced remote work before COVID-19. We consider ourselves experts in working collaboratively wherever our team members happen to reside.
What You'll Do
- Create the next generation of our web platform for our team of healthcare experts
- Build scalable frameworks and infrastructure to support a series of new products
- Work side-by-side with our ML team to automate the medical revenue cycle.
- Develop reliable pipelines that integrate data processing, human components, and tools.
- Raise our engineering bar by sharing your expertise and best practices with the team.
Skills & Qualifications
- BS in Computer Science/Software Engineering
- 7+ years software development experience
- 1+ years experience leading a team
- Experience developing web-based platforms
- Efficient and can improve the codebase above and beyond what's asked for
- Can explain complex technical concepts and sharing your knowledge with diverse audiences
What We Offer
- Work with an experienced and complementary founding team consisting of serial entrepreneurs, AI experts and healthcare industry leaders
- Meaningfully own or contribute to category-defining products that fundamentally change healthcare operations
- Great compensation package and equity grants
- Generous coverage for health, dental and vision insurance
- Full employer coverage for life insurance
- 401k Plan
- Free membership to One Medical (Concierge Clinic) for you and your family (if you are in a region covered by One Medical)
- Unlimited Personal Time Off (PTO)
- Bonus Company-Wide "Sanity Days" and other time off
- Flexible schedules. Employees at all levels have reasonable discretion over their own time.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.