Legacy (YC S19) is a Series A startup focused on the fast-growing field of fertility and family planning. Founded at Harvard, the company has averaged 20% MOM growth and has raised over $15M from leading investors like FirstMark Capital, Bain Capital Ventures, Section 32, and others. We've doubled revenue in the past 3 months alone.
What do we do?
We are building a complete digital health hub for future fathers. We aim to change the outdated view that fertility is a "women's issue" by creating an accessible, affordable product for men. This includes everything from a mail-in kit for sperm testing & sperm freezing, personalized sperm improvement products, tele-health, DNA fragmentation analysis, supplements, and more.
Marketing and growth at Legacy is unique. We are committed to a non-hierarchal organizational structure where you are equal to your colleagues. Your voice, opinions, and reasons will be heard.
Curiosity is critical. You must search far and wide to understand the big picture, and how it may impact the tiniest detail. This means customer interviews, data analysis, and wandering past the first page of Google.
Experience is valued. We are looking for individuals who have played in this sandbox before, and are seeking more, professionally. Legacy will challenge you as a marketer. You will level up here. Ultimately, you will be provided an opportunity to do your best work.
This role reports directly to the VP Growth. Marketers are often instructed to focus on the awareness and discovery stage of their customer's journey. While this will certainly be a primary focus, you will touch all phases depending on priority. You will work within advertising, product, and experience across digital and physical touch points.
As Legacy's Product Marketing Manager, you will first focus on ensuring our product lines have clear value propositions, and are designed to serve the needs of our diverse set of customers.
Ideal candidates have
- Min 5+ years of experience with consumer products in health, wellness, tech, or similar industry.
- Strong storyteller with the ability to develop campaigns that get customers’ attention and build product brands people love
- Analytical thinker with experience in data-driven marketing
- Ability to drive experimentation focused on conversion and engagement
- Experience working with WordPress, and Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Lead identification of the right segmentation, positioning, messaging, and adoption tactics for new and existing products
- Champion the voice of the customer to prioritize products and solutions to best address consumers’ healthcare needs
- Manage team of freelance content writers to create and deploy curated content across owned assets.
- Own brand voice and tone across customer journey to ensure consistency across phases and encourages action to move throughout.
- Consult with Product & Customer Experience teams to help shape product and feature development and communication based on market gaps and customer needs
- Help drive experimentation plans in partnership with Product Management, Acquisition, and Lifecycle teams to scale our existing products
First 90 days
- Speak to 10 customers, and analyze owned data to intimately understand our customers
- Analyze and identify friction within customer journey. Recommend solutions.
- Create clear GTM plans for new products in Legacy's pipeline
- Refine messaging of Legacy's existing products
Why should you join us?
Look, there's lots of reasons to join any high-growth startup. "Get on a rocket ship" blah blah blah. If you're the kind of candidate we're looking for, then you already know this. Here are a few other reasons you might not already know:
We're a team of under 25 people, despite being at the Series A stage. You will be one of the first 25 employees and will profoundly impact where the company goes in the coming years.
Everyone thinks about becoming a parent. You will help couples on their journey to creating a family. You will help push society towards a fairer, more equitable place. You will be a trusted resource for men and women at the most intimate moment in their lives, including heterosexual couples, LGBTQ+ couples, and individuals who are thinking about how and when they'll want to have a family in the future.
We will invest in you like you wouldn't believe. Every single hire gets an executive coach. You'll get training for anything you need. We'll give you an unlimited 'Health & Wellness' stipend where we pay for 75% of anything you deem might improve your life (Mattresses, Pelotons, etc.) You'll have a 'buddy'. We'll set you up with a charity and match your contributions. And we will talk about your careers goals, aspirations, and feelings every single week.
(Oh - and of course you'll get the same health care, 401K, unlimited time off, and other perks that any serious company offers its team members today.)
Ultimately, we are here to win, and we believe that the best way to win is to help everyone bring their absolute best self to work. So our job is to help you be the best personal and professional version of yourself that you want to be.