Scanwell Health is an app that turns your smartphone into a clinical lab. By pairing traditional lab tests with computer vision technology, we make it possible to test from the safety of home and get instant results, without having to send samples back to a lab.
Our technology helps healthcare organizations provide better virtual care and improves access to diagnostics in low- and middle-income countries. Most recently, we’ve partnered with global medical technology company BD to power at-home testing for COVID-19.
About the job
As an Android Engineer, you’ll be responsible for:
- Designing and building advanced applications for the Android platform
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Work with outside data sources and APIs
- Writing Unit Tests for robustness including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Work on resolving bugs and improving application performance
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
What we’re looking for:
- 2+ years of experience writing production Android software
- Have published at least one original Android app
- Experience working with Kotlin
- Experience with Android SDK and Jetpack libraries
- Experience working with remote data via REST and JSON
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle.
Bonus points for
- Previous startup experience
- Knowledge of Android Camera
- Experience in healthcare, medical devices, or related industries
- Remote company
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- HSA with match
- 401k with 4% company match
- Unlimited paid time off policy
- Charitable donation matching
- Stipend for home office setup and food delivery
Scanwell Health is committed to having a workforce that is reflective of the diversity within the United States. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from candidates from underrepresented communities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation and gender identity, and all those who can provide different perspectives and contribute to the diversification of Scanwell Health.