As our Founding Chief of Staff, you will be at the vanguard of tackling one of the most challenging health issues in our system - making kidney transplantation attainable for those who need it the most. The challenge is a difficult one, but you will be facing it with a premiere group of players to provide help along the way.
Grove’s multi-level approach, concierge services, and digital tools will transform the challenging experience of seeking transplantation into a seamlessly coordinated experience. Our mission is to empower any patient who is able to receive a transplantation to successfully receive one and go on to live a healthy, productive life.
In this role, you will work with the founding team and functional leaders across Redesign Health's platform to set up tools & processes for operational success. You will also work alongside our executives as they are hired to define & document standard operating procedures to increase our efficiency and scalability over time.
You will report to and work with the Principal of New Ventures remotely.
What you'll do:
- Business Planning & Venture Formation:
- Collaborate with the Principal of New Ventures to complete final business diligence and operational planning.
- Partner with the talent team on sourcing, interviewing, evaluating, and hiring the founding team.
- Coordinate operational, legal, marketing, FP&A, and other foundational components of launching the new venture.
- Assist product & growth teams with execution of experiments as needed.
- Assist with strategic planning of provider acquisition strategy & scaling over time.
- Manage stakeholders, including venture capital investors, health systems and Redesign Health.
- Founding Chief of Staff:
- Support the CEO in building the founding team and launching the business.
- Partner with the Redesign’s finance and accounting functions to establish a foundation for tracking business performance and prepare for future financings.
- Partner with the Redesign marketing, product, and design functions to refine and begin executing on the go-to-market strategy.
- Be the driving force behind meeting all deadlines.
What you'll need:
- 4-7 years of experience in an investing, research, consulting, start-up, or strategic operations role.
- Undergraduate or postgraduate business education.
- Experience working in the digital health space.
- Experience in financial and quantitative analysis, business diligence, and business plan creation.
- Experience managing critical external relationships and negotiations with vendors, suppliers, investors, candidates, and other key partners.
- Decision Quality: You make sound decisions, even in the absence of complete information. You rely on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment when making decisions. You consider all relevant factors and uses appropriate decision-making criteria and principles. You recognize when a quick 80% solution will suffice. You make good, timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Nimble Learning: You learn quickly when facing new situations. You experiment to find new solutions. You take on the challenge of unfamiliar tasks. You extract lessons learned from failures and mistakes. You learn through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
- Plans & Aligns: You set objectives to align with broader organizational goals. You break down into appropriate initiatives and actions. You stage activities with relevant milestones and schedules. You anticipate and adjusts effective contingency plans. You plan and prioritize work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Communicate Effectively: You are effective in a variety of communication settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, or among diverse styles and position levels. You attentively listen to others. You adjust to fit the audience and the message. You provide timely and helpful information to others across the organization. You encourage the open expression of diverse ideas and opinions. You develop and deliver multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.