FindHotel believes travel is the one thing that opens minds to new ideas, cultures, and ways of thinking. Our mission is to get every traveller the best accommodation deal, worldwide. From adventure travel and backpacking to honeymoons and family vacations, we genuinely care so that every traveller can make the best-informed accommodation choice at the absolute best conditions for every trip.
We are looking for a hands-on Engineering Lead (EL) to join FindHotel's Online Travel Agency (OTA) tribe in Amsterdam or remotely (between UTC-3 and UTC+3 time zone). You will work with your squad, UX designer, Product Owner, other Engineering Leads and Managers, and OTA Tribe Leader. You will have a leading role in shipping high-quality product and you will play an important part in developing your people and building a motivated team.
We encourage people from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply. If this job description resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
What you will do
- Lead a squad of 3-4 FE and BE engineers to design, build and ship a high-quality product
- Be accountable for the technical decisions and operational roadmap of the squad
- Work with the PO and other stakeholders to help make good decisions
- Facilitate the squads rituals and ensure the squad is efficient
- This is a hands-on role. Hence, you will design and ship high-quality features too
- Support your people in their professional and personal growth
- Perform regular 1-1s, advocate for your people and identify opportunities for them
- Report to the Engineering Manager of your tribe
Who we are looking for
- You have proven experience in people and team management
- You have proven experience in a modern set up environment, could be experience on the front-end (Typescript, React or any modern framework) or on the back-end (Elixir or another functional programming language)
- You have solid experience with requirements analysis and defining important paths together with a PO
- You have experience communicating progress to (non-)technical stakeholders
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You can identify the right balance between technical excellence and good-enough to ship, and know when good-enough won’t scale any further and will push for a longer term solution
Why join FindHotel now
- We aim to help 10M customers book on FindHotel annually by 2023, up from 2M in the past 12 months. We do that using data, transparency and industry-leading features.
- We grew the number of bookings by +100% Year-Over-Year both in 2018 and 2019, and even managed to succeed in Corona times by growing bookings by +40% in 2020. Now that the travel market is opening again we are accelerating our growth rate.
- From our early beginnings as an organisation that excelled in user acquisition, in recent years we have grown into an engineering and product-driven organisation. Our independence from major players in the industry, and the maturity that we have achieved regarding user acquisition, engineering and product enables us to build customer features that nobody else in the industry will.
Do you want to know if FindHotel is the right place for you? Find out by reading our CEO's blog post.
What we offer
- A great compensation package, perks and benefits, including Stock Appreciation Rights.
- Learn and Development budget you can use for conferences, trainings, books or any other relevant activity.
- A budget for your dream home office.
- Flexible working hours and flexible time off (take as many holidays as you need) and a chance to work remotely. We measure results, not time spent in the office.
- Plenty of chances to grow. You'll be surrounded by some of the brightest minds in the city, be part of a culture which promotes knowledge sharing, trust and transparency.
- A profitable company with fast growth and a massive scale opportunity, with a great team core built from years of investment.
- You will be part of an international team that enjoys work, eat and play together in one of Amsterdam best office locations.
- We value good food and offer catered lunches from different cuisines, great coffee, ice-cream in the fridge and the occasional BBQ in our garden.
- We celebrate every achievement, there will be plenty of company events in Amsterdam and abroad.