Standard Custody & Trust Company (“Standard Custody”) is looking for a Senior BSA Analyst reporting to the BSA Officer. This is a hands-on role for an experienced professional to build a highly advanced digital asset platform at a well-funded, fast-growing organization. This position is out of Standard Custody’s New York Office.
Standard Custody is an institutional-grade custody and settlement platform for digital assets. Standard was founded and designed by leading technologists and innovators from pioneering cryptocurrency and distributed ledger technology companies blended with traditional capital markets expertise and is a subsidiary of PolySign, Inc. Standard’s platform offers novel blockchain technology that provides end-to-end encryption and distributed trust protocols for securing secret keys. Standard’s integrated escrow trading platform enables investors to buy and sell digital assets directly from custody, eliminating the risk of external transfers and inefficient transactions between different providers. Standard embodies high standards for regulatory and compliance excellence, empowering financial institutions to leverage their digital asset positions with confidence in best-in-class security protocols.
What You’ll Do
- Perform timely review and analysis of system generated alerts for transaction
monitoring, and sanctions screening related to digital assets
- Conduct research utilizing internal and external database and document investigative findings
- Detect indicia of money laundering, terrorist financing and other financial crimes, based on AML Compliance policies, procedures and monitoring systems.
- Assist in timely drafting and filing of Suspicious Activity Reports and maintain case files with all required documentation for BSA retention
- Assist in the monitoring of account activity for suspicious patterns, conduct high-risk customer/account reviews
- Identify higher risk accounts that may require enhanced due diligence that may not be included within the defined parameters outlined in the CDD/EDD Procedures
- Maintain appropriate documentation to evidence the compliance of Standard Custody’s monitoring program in accordance with regulatory guidelines
- Assist in the development and implementation of Transaction Monitoring policy,
procedures, and transaction monitoring processes in compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act, and related regulations
- Assist in the development, coordination, and facilitation of training programs to educate bank personnel about BSA-related compliance requirements and procedures
- Remain current on BSA/AML regulations and requirements including examination criteria and the Bank’s policies and procedures
- Other duties as required or assigned
Who You Are
- have a deep sense of ownership with a strong commitment to deliver exceptional work
- natural collaborator who seeks input and provides opinions with humility and empathy
- excellent influencing skills
- thrive in a startup environment...versatile and independent
- bring clarity to complex problems and deliver elegant solutions
- write exceptional documentation...impeccable attention to detail
- prioritize learning and development
- driven to build world-class compliance products in the digital assets space
- 5+ years hands-on professional experience in an anti-money laundering or anti-financial crime group, including experience conducting suspicious activity monitoring and/or
customer due diligence
- CAMS certification
- 4-year undergraduate degree
- Strong knowledge of AML, KYC, CIP, OFAC, PATRIOT Act, requirements, and regulations.
- Good knowledge of digital assets
- Excellent time management skills and ability to execute tasks within tight deadlines
- Strong analytical / problem solving skills, the ability and willingness to get into details; must be solution oriented.