is a data privacy startup born out of UC Berkeley. Our founding team comprises leading computer science professors and graduate students in security and systems, who also have extensive prior entrepreneurship experience (Databricks, PreVeil). The company raised a $9.5M Series Seed
from Intel Capital, Race Capital, The House Fund, and FactoryHQ.
Our mission is to unlock the potential of confidential data that is currently locked down due to privacy concerns. To make confidential data useful without compromising on privacy, we’re building a next generation platform to drive secure analytics and machine learning directly on encrypted data. Our platform is powered by cutting-edge technology that builds upon years of published research and commercializes the MC² Project
We’re looking for people who:
∙ Will help us set and maintain a high-performance and inclusive culture
∙ Share our passion for consumer and data privacy, and our vision for disrupting big data analytics with confidential computing
∙ Are self-starters — those with detail and quality-oriented approaches who want to make impact and who will help shape the company.
About the role
As Opaque's first in-house Technical Recruiter, you will help us scale rapidly by attracting the best engineering, product, and design talent. You will be a strategic partner in finding creative ways to attract talent, delivering a delightful candidate experience, implementing scalable processes, and growing our teams.
As part of your role, you will:
- Partner with company leadership to understand hiring objectives and customize recruiting strategies to achieve hiring goals
- Institute effective and scalable hiring processes, continuing to fine-tune the best approaches to source, interview, and assess talent
- Manage and deliver a great candidate experience from initial touch point through the offer stage
- Set up a data-driven approach to track and refine the effectiveness of our recruiting processes
- Implement creative strategies for engaging passive talent across roles, including underrepresented groups in tech
- Build our university recruiting processes and program
What we are looking for:
- 3+ years of full cycle recruiting experience
- Demonstrated track record in hiring technical talent, from engineers to product managers to designers across various levels
- Experience hiring for enterprise tech companies. Startup experience is a plus!
- Deep understanding of recent market and tech trends, and ability to apply knowledge to proactively identify and engage passive talent
- Ability to network and nurture long term relationships with passive candidates
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Great interpersonal skills, with an appropriate blend of professionalism and friendliness
- Exceptional organizational skills
- A passion for building teams and delivering exceptional candidate experience
- An interest in and familiarity with big data / data analytics, or data privacy and security is a plus!
- Comprehensive health coverage including medical, dental, and vision
- 401(k) Plan
- Equity awards
- Flexible time off
Note that due to the ongoing situation, we will be working remotely until further notice.
We're excited to build a diverse team and encourage all to apply!