is a data privacy startup born out of UC Berkeley. Our founding team comprises leading computer science professors and graduate students in security and systems, who also have extensive prior entrepreneurship experience (Databricks, PreVeil). The company raised a $9.5M Series Seed
from Intel Capital, Race Capital, The House Fund, and FactoryHQ.
Our mission is to unlock the potential of confidential data that is currently locked down due to privacy concerns. To make confidential data useful without compromising on privacy, we’re building a next generation platform to drive secure analytics and machine learning directly on encrypted data. Our platform is powered by cutting-edge technology that builds upon years of published research and commercializes the MC² Project
We’re looking for people who:
∙ Will help us set and maintain a high-performance and inclusive culture
∙ Share our passion for consumer and data privacy, and our vision for disrupting big data analytics with confidential computing
∙ Are self-starters — those with detail and quality-oriented approaches who want to make impact and who will help shape the company.
About the Role
As the first member of Opaque's Product Design team, you will be responsible for creating an intuitive and delightful experience for Opaque's users, as well as establishing a scalable design process and system.
You will work closely with our early users, understand their needs, use your creativity to help craft a product vision that leads to value-market fit, and work with our product and engineering teams toward that vision.
As part of your role, you will:
- Join our early product team to help ship our first product
- Establish a scalable design process and system
- Deliver a seamless and delightful user experience
- Work closely with engineers and product managers to define and build our products
- Work and empathize deeply with customers to understand their problems
- Participate in design reviews and share your work with the team
What we are looking for:
- 3+ years of design experience at a tech, product-driven company
- A bachelor's or master's degree or equivalent, ideally with specialization in HCI, Interaction Design, graphic design, computer science, or related disciplines
- Ability to design polished mockups in Figma or similar tools
- Ability to prototype designs in Figma, code, or other interactive formats
- Experience in interaction design, visual design, and user research
- Experience designing products in the big data / data analytics space
- A strong sense of end-to-end design ownership beyond just the UI
- Comprehensive health coverage including medical, dental, and vision
- 401(k) Plan
- Equity awards
- Flexible time off
Note that due to the ongoing situation, we will be working remotely until further notice.
We're excited to build a diverse team and encourage all to apply!