Why work at Solv?
We have awesome problems to solve.
The healthcare market provides a fantastic blend of problems. We need creative people to help us bring now-is-the-time innovation to the healthcare industry, along with the human side of helping people access health care quickly and easily and makes them feel safe. It’s work that matters.
We use the phrase "we're a tech company that does healthcare" to emphasize how important engineering is to the company. Engineering is the department that drives our apps, tools, data, and interfaces forward. This attitude comes not only from the engineers, but from our CEO and CTO. They believe in us.
Pace and sanity.
We're that rare company that holds to our culture of its startup roots and we like to move at speed, while blending in the sanity of a regular work schedule with an emphasis on work/life/family balance.
What you'll work with:
How we work:
The engineering team is currently ~25 people, and we break into small teams of 2-4 to focus on specific projects. We release weekly, but new features are always under development and often span releases. We believe in testing our code properly. We use enzyme and jest for unit testing and write our own cypress tests for our critical flows. Each team member is responsible to ensure that only high quality code gets to production. Organizationally, we're pretty flat, though you'll have a mentor with whom you'll have weekly 1-on-1 meetings, to review code, exchange ideas, and ensure we're doing everything we can for you to thrive in your role.
People you're happy to see every day
Weekly tech meetings where we present learnings or new technologies we want to explore
Weekly “demo and donuts” to present your work before it gets shipped
Yearly engineering learning stipend
Monthly lunch roulette to get together with people you don’t usually work with
San Francisco and Denver office locations with the flexibility to work remotely
All IDEs welcome
Generous benefits (unlimited time off, 401k, health + dental coverage for Solv squad members and the people that depend on them)
You can expect to:
- Technically lead a diverse, high-performing full-stack engineering team as well as hands-on development of our platform
- Recruit, coach, and develop engineers; providing hands-on technical mentorship and support to ensure everyone on the team is growing toward their personal and professional goals
- Collaborate with Engineering and Product teams on overall product roadmap and product launches
- Work closely with senior leadership to develop the best strategies and direction for the engineering team as we continue to grow.
What you'll need:
- 1+ years as the go-to technical lead on a team of full-stack software engineers
- You're passionate about mentoring talented engineering teams that are constantly learning and improving
- Product managers and designers love to work with you to create new or improve existing systems
- You get excited about defining system architecture, modules, interfaces and data to satisfy specific requirements
- You're great at collaborating and enthusiastic about the creative use of technology to solve real life problems
- You are a strong communicator and not afraid to bring issues into the open, foster communication between team members, and bridge the gaps as they come up
- You love making fast websites
Solv is a leading app that helps you get access to convenient, same-day and next-day healthcare. On Solv you can easily find a nearby care provider, schedule a visit and avoid a long wait. The app is powered by a network of doctors and clinics who run Solv’s software to deliver a modern patient experience for both in-person office visits and virtual visits online. This provider software makes running an on-demand healthcare practice easy–and keeps patients happy. More than 27 million visits and 7 million COVID tests have been booked through Solv. Learn more or book your appointment at SolvHealth.com.
At Solv we celebrate difference. We are committed to ensuring an environment of mutual respect for every employee and proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer who does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We believe a diverse and inclusive workplace is central to our success and actively seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse pool of candidates.
While we appreciate candidate submissions, we do not accept submissions from contingency or retained search firms without a pre-existing agreement.