Candor helps people manage their employee equity and invest like the 1%. Backed by product executives and engineering leaders at Facebook, Lyft, Amazon and others.
Come join a team of highly competent, thoughtful, caring and high ownership engineers. Roles in San Francisco or remote.
We are hiring a full-stack engineer to join our growing engineering team. This is an opportunity to get a high degree of trust, autonomy and ownership with a fast-growing startup.
Hiring for several roles, including infra-focused and full-stack.
For infra roles:
- 3-5 years experience building high reliability/high resilience systems, particularly in mission-critical applications
- Experience with AWS, including EC2, SQS, Lambda and Aurora
- Experience with SQL databases
For full-stack roles:
- Experience building complex React apps (our product is powered by Next.js & hosted on Vercel)
- Experience with Node.js and SQL databases (we use PostgreSQL)
This may be a good fit if you:
- Are highly competent, care deeply about your work and are a craftsman at heart
- Are eager to learn and have genuine curiosity for the world
- Have a high degree of autonomy and ownership over your work
- Thrive in ambiguity and like to forge your own path
- Are kind, considerate and thoughtful
- Want to work on mission critical projects from Day 1
- Are motivated by the real-world impact of your work
This may not be a good fit if:
- You just care about the technology, rather than the impact its creating
- Want to be told exactly what to do everyday
Our recruiting process:
- A behavioral interview with the CTO
- That's it. No Leetcode, take-home assignments or data structures puzzles. We move fast and will get you a decision quickly.
About the founders
Niya Dragova left her home country and came to the US on her own when she was 15 and worked her way from nothing to running quant teams for the top private bank in the US ($30B market cap). Her teams brought in $2B+ in business in just the first year alone. She's tough, kind and has a ridiculous sense of humor.
When he was a teenager, David Chouinard was fascinated by aviation. He learnt to become a pilot before he could legally drive and was always building flying contraptions. He came to the US to study at Harvard, and subsequently lead product and engineering teams at Facebook and Lyft. He's determined, creative and uncompromising on quality.
How to apply
- 👉 Apply here
- Bonus: additionally introduce yourself to email@example.com with a few sentences about you