With Tumblr and WordPress.com, Automattic enables millions of people around the globe to publish and share their stories. The Tumblr dashboard, the WordPress.com Reader, our mobile apps, and email newsletters provide ways to access and discover our users’ content.
What you’ll do:
- Drive growth of active users and user retention on Tumblr. Discover new avenues for growth.
- Own our strategy and roadmap to connect people with the content that is most relevant to them. Be mindful about presenting quality content and impacting our users in ways we will be proud of. Get colleagues at all levels on board with your vision.
- Be part of a leadership group responsible for meeting Tumblr’s business needs. Influence business decisions with quantitative and qualitative insights, leveraging your experience and empathy for users. Form relationships with leaders from Business, Design, Data, and Product Engineering to ensure your team has the resources to make an impact at Tumblr.
- Work closely with engineering directors to surface the best Tumblr content from 380+ million blogs and 150+ billion posts.
We are looking for:
- Experience in creating engaging, personalized, algorithmic feeds and content experiences, ideally ones that leveraged machine learning to present user-generated content.
- The ability to connect business strategies, customer needs, and available technologies to deliver best-in-class products.
- Experience in owning a portfolio of products on different platforms, building a long-term strategy, and working with colleagues at all levels and across subject areas to make it happen.
- A good understanding of current internet technologies, and how web or mobile applications are designed, built, and deployed at scale. Familiar enough to guide engineering teams to make tradeoffs for prioritization to scope projects correctly.
- Strong organizational, cultural, and people leadership skills. You are a strong cross-team collaborator, able to effectively work with teams across multiple departments, time zones, and functions.
- Attention to creating a safe and inspiring content consumption experience for our users, regardless of their income, gender, race, politics, language, or where they live.
- Excitement to join a globally distributed team. Familiarity with remote work is welcome.
How we work at Automattic
We’re a global, distributed workforce in over 70 countries. We value open source, prioritize transparent communication, believe that good ideas can (and do) come from anywhere, so we encourage Automatticians to work together across positions and roles. Together we create, develop, and care for a collection of digital products and services that are committed to democratizing publishing and commerce.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION AT AUTOMATTIC
We’re improving diversity in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. DEI is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Learn more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.