As Stripe’s product portfolio and engineering team grow, the company increasingly relies on robust internal platforms to quickly ship reliable, secure, high quality products. We are looking for a technical leader with deep expertise in building complex single page web applications to help us define the future of how product teams build web UIs at Stripe.
- Play a critical role in defining the technical strategy and roadmap for how web applications are built across Stripe
- Work across full-stack product teams to understand their needs and pain points when building UI
- Bring a point of view of how great web apps are built on both the frontend and backend
- Build tools to make Stripe engineers more productive when building complex UI
- Proactively identify areas where our existing infrastructure is failing to scale and/or does not or will not meet our standards for reliability, security, performance, or quality.
- Mentor early-career engineers and experienced engineers without experience building UIs
- Interview and design interview questions for building diverse, industry-leading UI engineering teams
- Advocate for the needs of web developers to leadership and other teams that our web apps depend on
We’re looking for someone with:
- 8+ years of hands on software engineering experience
- Experience building multiple single page web applications that have reached hundreds of thousands of users and/or have had hundreds of contributors.
- Experience collaborating across engineering teams that are customers as well as teams that your team depends on
- A strong sense of what excellent web-based experiences look like, how they behave, and how to build them
You also likely have:
- Experience building or using design systems based on a component library like React, Vue, web components, etc.
- Experience building or using backend frameworks to create REST or GraphQL backends for single page web apps
- A passion for teaching and making others more productive
- A willingness to get into the unglamorous details of building modern web apps
- A knack for translating high-level product strategy into a technical roadmap that will support that strategy