At Hatch, we're dreaming up new ways to help everyone sleep better. Our first sleep product, Hatch Rest, has helped over 400,000 babies and kids get a good night of sleep. And now we’re working hard to make a good night of sleep easier than ever — for everyone. We're building a suite of products and services to help, combining innovative hardware, software, and subscription solutions. Launched as Hatch Baby by entrepreneurs Ann Crady Weiss and Dave Weiss and featured on "Shark Tank" in 2016, we're growing fast — and looking for innovators to grow with us.
We are seeking a VP of Mobile Engineering to help support our teams solving interesting technical challenges, building world-class experiences used by millions every day. You will be managing a team of extremely talented native iOS and Android engineers as they work with our product managers, qa, designers, data scientists, backend engineers, and embedded engineers to expand our suite of IoT products and subscription services to our customers. You must be passionate about engineering with a proven track record of working in a high-growth, fast paced environment. You must lead by example and create an environment of trust and transparency for our team.
What You'll Do:
- Manage, lead, and grow our mobile app team of iOS and Android engineers
- Work closely with PM, QA, Backend Dev, Embedded Dev, and Design to ensure high quality and on time delivery of our most critical projects
- Remove obstacles to maximize our engineering throughput and quality
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the mobile team in an agile environment
- Develop and grow a diverse team through effective recruiting, mentoring, coaching, and retention strategies for key talents in a highly competitive environment
- Motivate, coach and develop team members ensuring a strong team where all feel heard and engaged
- Work closely with the teams to develop best practices that balance feature delivery and platform stability
Who You Are:
- Extensive (8+ Years) experience in Mobile App Development, including both at individual contributor and Engineering Leadership levels
- A background in native mobile development (iOS and / or Android), and a natural curiosity about learning new technologies
- A deep understanding of Agile engineering process and methodology, including which parts of to use and when as teams scale
- Proven capabilities managing geographically dispersed technical teams
- Proven experience recruiting and building teams
- Comfortable and effective when managing a high-volume workload with speed, accuracy and efficiency
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
This is a full time, remote position. Hatch offers competitive compensation (including salary & generous equity), significant professional & leadership growth upside, flexible work environment, flexible vacation, and a growing team full of motivated, collaborative, fun colleagues.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.